Thread: Padded car seat options???

Padded car seat options???

Friday will mark 12 weeks of healing from flap surgery. I'm terrified that I will hurt it again so I'm in prevention mode. I waited to start my sitting program until week 10 rather than week 6 so I want to start driving again around week 16 or so (as long as everything still looks good). I drive a 2010 Honda Accord and wanted some suggetions on what to use on the seat for road trips and everyday driving. I found a few pads such as the one below but wanted some advice from those the experts. Any suggestions on how to protect my butt or specialty items to fit that model car would be great.

http://www.brookstone.com/sl/product...t-cushion.html

P.S. pressure mapping was perfect for my Jay 2 so any options or suggestions around that piece of info would be great.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

What about a low profile roho?

I use a roho ltv in my car, but not sure if that is enough, where you are recovering from the flap surgery.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Blog Entries
    If you get the low profile Roho at the right pressure, it is fine for long drives. I used mine for 13 hours on a total of 4 plane rides, and 12 hours of driving from Portland, OR down to Ashland and back over spring break. I just had to be careful when the plane got up to altitude to release some air to compensate for lower cabin pressure.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 22 years post injury

Thanks Donno. SJean- I'm recovering from Ischial flap.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

offroaderswife - there are a few recommendations that might help you that are in a thread I started called (something like) "out of chair time cushion".

Also (and I'm not suggesting you get a new car, this just might help someone) I sat in a Nissan Cube, and OMG those seats are comfortable! I didn't want to get out of the passenger seat, it felt like memory foam!

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    Friday will mark 12 weeks of healing from flap surgery. I'm terrified that I will hurt it again so I'm in prevention mode. I waited to start my sitting program until week 10 rather than week 6 so I want to start driving again around week 16 or so (as long as everything still looks good). I drive a 2010 Honda Accord and wanted some suggetions on what to use on the seat for road trips and everyday driving. I found a few pads such as the one below but wanted some advice from those the experts. Any suggestions on how to protect my butt or specialty items to fit that model car would be great.

http://www.brookstone.com/sl/product...t-cushion.html

P.S. pressure mapping was perfect for my Jay 2 so any options or suggestions around that piece of info would be great.
    another vote for a ROHO low profile. I have one in my wheelchair, on my shower chair and also one in my truck.

As you know, Im also a recent recovering from flap surgery also........the ROHO had nothing to do me getting the sore though. Ive been on one for 17 years now with no skin problems due to the cushion.

I use an oversized Roho low profile Quattro as my car cushion. I found my legs sit much wider while driving then sitting in my wheelchair so I ordered 18x18 (15x16 is usual for me). It also helps to have more of the seat covered for the transfer, IMO.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.