Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advocacy HELP NEEDED

SCI Nurse - I also had a strange feeling about this situation. I'd love to know "the rest of the story".

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I get a hinky feeling about this thread. The OP has not come back to our site, even to read the responses, since the day they posted (3/30/11). They first posted about the child here in 2008, then nothing until this most recent post.

Compared to similar situations I have dealt with through CPS in my area, the inaction reported also seems odd, and the failure of the grandmother to get the press or elected legislators involved when the system is not working is not really well explained. Anyone else get these "tingles" about this thread?

(KLD)
    I had a hinky feeling about it from the start. Could be true but I something seems off.

I sure did K.

I did also I have trouble believing that any state would refuse to let a child go to strangers instead of their grandmother. Unless she isn't fit either. If a child is in foster care then the state has to pay the parents correct? Wouldn't it be cheaper to let a family member to raise her.

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchjen View Post
    If a child is in foster care then the state has to pay the parents correct?
    No. The state charges the parents money if they have a job (at least in CA). The state pays the foster parents for taking care of the kids.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

But who pays if the parents r dead

Taxpayers.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

Ok so wht leave the xhild in foster care y not give her to family and not pay fosrer parents give that spot to a child that need a home. Something is fishy with this one

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchjen View Post
    I did also I have trouble believing that any state would refuse to let a child go to strangers instead of their grandmother. Unless she isn't fit either. If a child is in foster care then the state has to pay the parents correct? Wouldn't it be cheaper to let a family member to raise her.
    With Family Fostercare, there are still payments. In the state of MD, it is a complicated formula.

I think it best to stop guessing and making assumptions that the grandma is unfit. There could be a host of reasons why she was not granted custody, none of them having anything to do with her fitness to raise a child.
    Every day I wake up is a good one