Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advocacy HELP NEEDED

Staci, reading my first post I think maybe I got a bit too emotional...I didn't mean for it to come across sounding so "mean"....the extra facts bring to light just how much you have gone through...the media sounds like a very good idea...I would rewrite your plea for help and put everything in the way of how this child has been treated...and call your congressman...I understand your not wanting to kidnap Rach, but imagine the press you could get...and if they jailed you at least you would have the opportunity to have a judge listen...is there a grandparent org that might be of assistance? keep in touch please...

In Maryland there is a process called CIN-children in need. There are volunteer attorneys as well as advocates. Given that Rachael received here care at KKI--that would be the place to start. I see that you have a Johns Hopkins email address.
    You indicate that she has been in the KinCare program previously--have you applied for the KinCare program?

Just some suggestions.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Staci, contact Jeanie, who wrote this http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...?t=152552...if anyone can help you she can...best of luck and keep in touch!

I agree with the opinions advocating going to the press. It would be very useful to have film footage of them telling her to crawl to your vehicle. And then the other film footage you may be able to tape.

My goodness I could not believe what this little girl has gone thru. I too am a grandmother and I think I would not take her back, have the press ready here in Ohio that would make all the papers, the tv, and all the journalists would be all over that story. Usually many local TV networks have a call for help for you to respond. Your story is heart wrenching don't give up.

Sorry I wish I knew someone famous, too bad you could have put this video on your phone you could have proof the police need. I would do anything that it takes to get her back to you.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

PS I welcome requests for electronic copies (PDF) of all the documents related to this case. Please contact me at one of the email addresses above and I will be glad to provide whatever you wish to inspect. [/QUOTE]

A very difficult situation. In regard to the above quote, just a caution about sending private records/documents to persons on the internet.
    From years as a counselor many good suggestions were made. In addition can you form a relationship with one of her teachers or case workers in order to follow her progress?
    Nice that she is doing so well in school. Do you talk to her on the phone or see her? Ask her if she has any thing she wants you to help her on.
    Good luck to you and your granddaughter.

I get a hinky feeling about this thread. The OP has not come back to our site, even to read the responses, since the day they posted (3/30/11). They first posted about the child here in 2008, then nothing until this most recent post.

Compared to similar situations I have dealt with through CPS in my area, the inaction reported also seems odd, and the failure of the grandmother to get the press or elected legislators involved when the system is not working is not really well explained. Anyone else get these "tingles" about this thread?

(KLD)

I wonder too, I read the older posts but dumb me didn't look at the date, wish she'd reply

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    I wonder too, I read the older posts but dumb me didn't look at the date, wish she'd reply
    Its okay Judy you had good intentions evansmom

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I get a hinky feeling about this thread. The OP has not come back to our site, even to read the responses, since the day they posted (3/30/11). They first posted about the child here in 2008, then nothing until this most recent post.
    The accident story is true. Since the child was made a ward of the court because of the crack and heroin addiction, the grandmother is now fightng a 6 year old problem. Maybe gramma doesn't have a good enough background record to (personally) fight the system?
    Last edited by flicka; 04-13-2011 at 02:04 PM.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama