Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Chair Advice / Review Specs

Also, plan on going with 24" wheels at this time.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

If you are going for their scissors, get the black aluminum scissor lock, they are fairly decent. Stay away from the composite they are't very good.

Ok, I'm back

I went to the Abilities Expo in LA and got to check out a lot of things in person.

I am back to a 16x16 seat.

Changing front and rear seat heights to 18.5 and 16.5.

Now that I have had a chance to confirm some measurements, I am thinking of switching to a ZR or TR instead of the ZRA.

Checked out the aluminum and composite locks and will go with the aluminum for now. Might forgo locks all together if I can.

Dumping the flipback footrest since it does not help with the way that I get out of the chair.

If I go with the TR, I will need to get the model with the straight angle on the bottom tube, since my COG seems to need to be set around 3.5" and the rounded frame style cannot accommodate this.

I too went to the Abilities Expo in LA. I helped a friend at his booth for most of the weekend and wasn't able to see everything there was at the convention center. This years show was really good! I got to demo the Ally (Segway wheelchair) and absolutely loved it. I wouldn't use one myself, but I think it will definitely be a good option for many people that have trunk control who would otherwise end up in a full powerchair. The overall width is very similar to a manual chair, and the turning radius is VERY small.
    I was able to make it by the TiLite booth on the VERY last day, while we were cleaning up the expo hall, LOL. I have to e-mail Josh about my AeroZ this week, and hopefully get it fixed (I managed to bend the frame...TWICE!). I like that they came out with the AeroZ 2, but am wondering if that will have the same problems that the Z2 is having. I think they might have jumped the gun on the AeroZ2 by just a bit.
    As far as you going with the 5x1 TiLite casters be VERY careful. There are certain casters that you will be stuck with FOR GOOD because of the spacers being built in, etc. Read through some of the other threads on this site to find out specifics. There have been very detailed discussions on them. Also make sure NOT to get the TiLite single sided fork, this makes your caster choices VERY limited. If you want a single sided fork order frogs legs unitine forks through Sportaid and install them on your chair after delivery.
    I'm happy you were able to go to expo and DEMO some of the things you wanted to figure out. Demoing chairs is the best way to figure out exactly what you want and what you like/don't like. Before you place your final order I would ask your DME if they can contact the local TiLite Rep and request a demo chair set with similar specs to what you want. Demo it for as long as possible and make any changes that you feel need to be made. Dial in your specs to as close to perfect as possible, and then place your order.
    Good luck and let us know when you place the order!
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Thanks, Curvy.

I think you are right about the castors. I am switching to 4" and listening to your advice on forks.

The closest DME to where I live is three hours. Which is why drove 5 hrs to the expo and spent a lot of time sitting in/demoing chairs. As luck would have it, there were a lot of 16 x 16 chairs in the TiLite booth and I was able to get a lot out of the show as a result.

I am going to see if I can work a demo out somehow.

Give TiLite a call and ask if there is a rep in your area. Their phone number is 800-545-2266 and talk to Dominic at extension 368. I have found him most helpful in customer service. If you get his voicemail leave a message. As soon as he is back in the office or off the phone he will call you back. Tell him Amanda from So. Cal sent you and that I say hello. He wasn't feeling well so he wasn't able to make it to the expo this year. He should be able to direct you to a dealer or a rep who can arrange a demo in your area.
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    Give TiLite a call and ask if there is a rep in your area. Their phone number is 800-545-2266 and talk to Dominic at extension 368. I have found him most helpful in customer service. If you get his voicemail leave a message. As soon as he is back in the office or off the phone he will call you back. Tell him Amanda from So. Cal sent you and that I say hello. He wasn't feeling well so he wasn't able to make it to the expo this year. He should be able to direct you to a dealer or a rep who can arrange a demo in your area.
    Mandy
    Thanks, will do.

I ended up switching the order to a ZR and the chair showed up at the end of last week. I was really nervous about the switch, knowing that I was taking a chance with the lack of adjustability.

The chair is great. The fit seems good.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Congrats! post some pics when you can, please.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

[QUOTE=My395;1345750]Looking for advice or input on my chair order.

Me: Incomplete para (t10 from Transverse Myelitis 40 years ago). I walk with crutches but need a chair. My walking range is very short and causes pain and spasticity issues.

I live in a rural area, so options for fitting and trying chairs is limited. I am working with bike-on.com on a Tilite ZRA 2 order.
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."