Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testicles --

Is this urologist an expert in neurologic urology or andrology?

I'm not sure he's expert in which. He did mentioned the sperm count might be affected but quarantee that the sperm will still be produced.

One issue I'm very concern is that I sit on wheelchair more than 15 hours a day and my scrotum is squeez and sit on all day plus the heat generated on it because wearing diapers, how bad is this to my testicles health. I can't feel a thing below waist.

I do intend to have children maybe in 2 years time by retrieving my sperms as I can't ejaculate and the above issue worries me. By the time I'm ready are there anymore sperms being produced ?

Why do you wear diapers?

There is a fairly direct correlation between how well you take care of your bladder (frequency of UTIs, high pressures, use of indwelling catheters) and epididymitis, as well as a fairly close correlation with both quality and quantity of sperm in men with SCI. Scrotal temperature appears to NOT be factor in this in SCI.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Why do you wear diapers?

There is a fairly direct correlation between how well you take care of your bladder (frequency of UTIs, high pressures, use of indwelling catheters) and epididymitis, as well as a fairly close correlation with both quality and quantity of sperm in men with SCI. Scrotal temperature appears to NOT be factor in this in SCI.

(KLD)
    In these 3 years post-injury up until now, i do intermittent cath every 2 1/2 hours and the amount only about 200ml. Eventhough I cathed every 2 1/2 hours, I still leak in between.

Now my urologist precribed Vesicare Solifenacin Succinate tablet and asked me not to do cath anymore since he said the amount so little. At the moment I'm wearing condom cath attached to urine bag and let it leak itself and also wearing diapers as second protection incase the condom leak thru its rear.