Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: clearwater florida hotels

Quote Originally Posted by ikeraider8 View Post
    I was in Clearwater last month and the guy who runs the pier told me that the lifeguards have beach chairs available to use for free. There was also an article in New Mobility a few months ago that was all about the accessibility in that area. FYI, there is a trolley/bus that runs back and forth from St. Pete's to Clearwater, $4.00 will get you a day pass.
    were is a good hotel to rent there
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I'm not real sure about hotels, my parents were renting a condo for the winter in N. Redington Beach, but I know some friends said the Doubletree was nice.

i still havent made it yet hopefully going in a few months anyone know vanything about shephards as far as it being any good and how the location is

I have been thinking about going to Clearwater too. Im just lookin to sit at the beach all day, but not really sure what there is to do at night?? I did see they have Pier 66 or something that has live music and kind of night party type thing. I would probably check that out one night but not something I would want to go to everyday. What else is there to do?? Their rates seemed a little more reasonable. I would like to go to Key West but sooo expensive to get a room down by the beach. Its not worth it to me when Im hardly in the room. Any of you have any other recommendations for a reasonable priced beach vacation. Was thinking of flying into Orlando possibly staying there a couple nights then a hour drive to Cocoa beach. Orlando is quite a bit cheaper flight for me & hotels there aren't as expensive either.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

What about going to Daytona ?

There are a lot of beaches there that are hard enough to drive on and wheel around. It has been years since I was there around spring break time in the mid 80s I think.

I do know there are hotels all along the beach you might look into that but it is on the other coast..

Gary
    T-10 ,,1980,,

Have you rented a condo or a home for a week or so before? Can be cheaper and so much better than a hotel. You can even filter for accessibility.

One place to try is www.vrbo.com and there are some others too including Real Estate companies in the area you want to visit. The snowbirds go home and rent their places out during the warm months. It is the only way to stay at the beach for us.

Quote Originally Posted by garyv View Post
    What about going to Daytona ?

There are a lot of beaches there that are hard enough to drive on and wheel around. It has been years since I was there around spring break time in the mid 80s I think.

I do know there are hotels all along the beach you might look into that but it is on the other coast..

Gary

went to daytona in 2010 stayed at the hilton on ocean walk super awsome

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    I have been thinking about going to Clearwater too. Im just lookin to sit at the beach all day, but not really sure what there is to do at night?? I did see they have Pier 66 or something that has live music and kind of night party type thing. I would probably check that out one night but not something I would want to go to everyday. What else is there to do?? Their rates seemed a little more reasonable. I would like to go to Key West but sooo expensive to get a room down by the beach. Its not worth it to me when Im hardly in the room. Any of you have any other recommendations for a reasonable priced beach vacation. Was thinking of flying into Orlando possibly staying there a couple nights then a hour drive to Cocoa beach. Orlando is quite a bit cheaper flight for me & hotels there aren't as expensive either.

i looked at a few places in mytle beach they seemed reasonable but i know nothing of the area have to research it 4i know theres some kind of boardwalk or something along the beach were theres suposed to be fun stuff to do and heard on here the holiday inn at the paviloin was pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    any ideas were to stay that wont break the bank id like to be on the beach and rolling distance to cool things to do like bars shops restraunts fun stuff without having to drive or not drive alot ok thanks
    Hey!

My wife and I went three years back. We stayed at Sheraton Sand Key - http://sheratonsandkey.com/

Not sure if its in your budget but hotel was super accessible and the staff (at all levels) was fantastic. Really great people there.

Across the street is a great restaurant, (Columbo's I think) The in house restaurant at SK is awesome as well. I'd go back just for the lobster bisque! They have a lively bar as well.

I was surprised given ADA how hard it was to get an accessible taxi in Clearwater. However they do have an accessible trolly you can take all up/down the coast.

We ended up booking a vaca for March in Orlando and staying at Marriott Grand Vista. We went to that resort 2 years ago too. They have gorgeous grounds & 3 beautiful pools. I was looking at tripadvisor.com and someone had posted a pic and there was chair lift for one of the pools. I didnt call to confirm it though since we will be going with another couple & will have help to get in the pool. The chair lift will be a bonus! Daytona beach & Cocoa beach are an hour drive so plan on going to those while there also.. I didn't do any research yet, but hoping they have beach wheelchairs!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.