Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: clearwater florida hotels

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    We ended up booking a vaca for March in Orlando and staying at Marriott Grand Vista. We went to that resort 2 years ago too. They have gorgeous grounds & 3 beautiful pools. I was looking at tripadvisor.com and someone had posted a pic and there was chair lift for one of the pools. I didnt call to confirm it though since we will be going with another couple & will have help to get in the pool. The chair lift will be a bonus! Daytona beach & Cocoa beach are an hour drive so plan on going to those while there also.. I didn't do any research yet, but hoping they have beach wheelchairs!
    daytona has them ask the lifegaurd thats how i got mine he went and got it
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    Hey!

My wife and I went three years back. We stayed at Sheraton Sand Key - http://sheratonsandkey.com/

Not sure if its in your budget but hotel was super accessible and the staff (at all levels) was fantastic. Really great people there.

Across the street is a great restaurant, (Columbo's I think) The in house restaurant at SK is awesome as well. I'd go back just for the lobster bisque! They have a lively bar as well.

I was surprised given ADA how hard it was to get an accessible taxi in Clearwater. However they do have an accessible trolly you can take all up/down the coast.

awsome looking place ill check into it

http://www.qualitybeachresort.com/

decided on this place they have good reviews and seemed nice on the phone
    they said the room only has king bed but they would also put a rollaway bed in for free since they have no handicapped rooms with 2 beds i thought that was cool everyone else wanted to charge extra plus there parking is free if you have a placard

Wanted to update on my trip to Orlando..Marriot Grand Vista was VERY accessible! They have 4 pools & 4 hot tubs...every one had a lift!!! That made the trip soooo nice! I would definitely go back there if in the area...
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Siesta Key. The most gorgeous beach in the world and the wheeling beach chairs are free.