Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EZ Locks!

EZ Locks!

I just bought a van this weekend. 2005 Chrysler town and country touring edition, The van is already equipped with EZ Locks and will me able to drive from my manual wheelchair! Is there anyone out there that is using EZ Locks?
    If so, what kind of mounting bracket or equipment is needed? I've seen so a few different set ups but I don't want to add a bunch more weight to my chair. I believe there are different mounting styles that are used depending on if you are going to be driving or not. I WILL BE DRIVING FROM MY CHAIR. Pics please.... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zwthomp View Post
    I just bought a van this weekend. 2005 Chrysler town and country touring edition, The van is already equipped with EZ Locks and will me able to drive from my manual wheelchair! Is there anyone out there that is using EZ Locks?
    If so, what kind of mounting bracket or equipment is needed? I've seen so a few different set ups but I don't want to add a bunch more weight to my chair. I believe there are different mounting styles that are used depending on if you are going to be driving or not. I WILL BE DRIVING FROM MY CHAIR. Pics please.... Thanks!
    The EZ Lock mechanisms that fit on wheelchairs are chair specific. Try going to their website and searching there for your specific model of chair to find one for your needs. I don't think there is any way around adding more weight because these mechanisms are designed for some degree of safety and lock down capability.

http://www.ezlock.net

All the best,
    GJ

My son drives from his manual chair, a Quickie. We were told by several wheelchair companies that their chairs are not designed for the EZ Lock system. My son wanted a sleeker chair, but we are stuck with the Quickie - it's heavy, and it has the frame needed for the EZ Lock. I know of a couple of other guys on this site that put the system on their chairs (I think one was a Ti Lite), but EZ Lock does not recommend it for safety reasons. The chair has to have the heavier frame with the cross bars in order to mount it correctly. Good luck and please keep us posted, I'm interested to learn what you find out.

i've used them since 1994. they are great. my current van is TC 2005.

talked with Dennis from performance mobility and he said that the chair I have a great chair for the EZ Locks to work for. It's an Quickie GPV Rigged frame. I'm not to woried about adding weight to my chair. I would rather have to carry the extra IDK 3-5 lbs to the chair everyday than have to fight with transfers all the time! My chair is already 47 lbs just the chair itself! so prob bout 50 with the added EZ Locks equipment. I will look into the website and prob do some calling on Monday and see what is going to be the best for me! Hopefully everything will work out great. So far everything has with getting the driving program done and finding myself a good used vehicle!
    The vehicle I just got is an 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Touring package, 32,000 miles $20,000 : 10 inch drop floor, VMI Conversion, already installed EZ Locks on the floor. May just have to get a different style of the EZ Locks for it to work on my chair, So, if that is the case then they will be up for sale! IDK what I would sell them for, would have to look into it! I can find anything, lol. I think! I found one great deal here!!!! Bye for now, I R should get some ZZZZzzzzzz

VMI, TC, EZ Lock, you should have no prob. good luck!

I have the EZLOCK slapped on mu Quickie 2HP. It adds 12lbs. to the weight of the chair. You will get use to the extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    I have the EZLOCK slapped on mu Quickie 2HP. It adds 12lbs. to the weight of the chair. You will get use to the extra weight.
    Smokey would it be to much trouble if I asked you to take some pictures of the equipment on your chair?? please...
    The EZ Lock that is mounted to the floor in my vehicle is BL-6290.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    I've had an Eze-lock for 20+ yrs; the freedom it provides far outweighs the weight that it adds.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Glad to hear! Sounds like good news all around with using the EZ Locks. Is there anyone out there that would like to post some pics of their setup with the EZ Locks?