Thread: Replacing Palm TX

Replacing Palm TX

My Palm TX that I have had for about five years has broken and it appears to be the main processor as I cannot get any applications to work. Rather than spend $100+ to fix it, I am considering getting a different more up to date device. I like the TX and all of it's features. I have looked at the ITouch which is a nice device but does not have all of the functionality of a TX. Can anyone suggest a device that would be a good replacement?
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    My Palm TX that I have had for about five years has broken and it appears to be the main processor as I cannot get any applications to work. Rather than spend $100+ to fix it, I am considering getting a different more up to date device. I like the TX and all of it's features. I have looked at the ITouch which is a nice device but does not have all of the functionality of a TX. Can anyone suggest a device that would be a good replacement?
    If you can handle the size get an iPad. I used palm devices since the original Palm Pro back in 98, its sad how such and innovator in mobility just got passed by because of crappy management.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    I used to like my old Treo600. Had IrDA rather than BlueTooth and was 2G.

Have HP got PalmOS in a healthy state?

My Treo680 (Access) was not so good. Have iPhone 3GS now.

Had the same problem when my Tungsten E2 died. No more straight palm pda's it is all smartphones now with lousy battery life. Never really have found the ideal solution.

and modern smartphone should crush your tx
    c5/6 complete

wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    What specific functionality are you looking for that is lacking in the devices you've considered?
    Daniel

Converting to a Apple IPOD Touch

As mentioned, I had been considering the purhase of an IPOD Touch but was concerned that I would lose some of the functionality I enjoyed with a Palm. It is no secret that Palm is all but out of business, so I want to convert to a product that does as much for me as the Palm did.

Recently my wife bought me an ITouch for my birthday. Although it is a neat piece of technology I am having the following problems. I like to categorize my contacts and calendar such as all doctors together, friends and relatives. I can find no way to accomplish this with the Itouch. I cannot even get a straight answer from Apple on the subject. Also I would like to convert my Palm contacts to my Itouch. The only way to accomplish this is to download the contacts to a comma separated values and then to upload that file to Outlook Express and then to synch the Outlook file with the Itouch. I tried to accomplish that and I was not even able to get a clean Outlook file. The file was full of duplicates even though the downloaded file had no duplicates.

The Apple products do not have a desktop interface where you can see exactly what is loaded on your device, make corrections and then resynch if necessary.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this matter as I am ready to return my Itouch if I cannot find a solution.
    mike