Thread: wife's first Dr. visit

wife's first Dr. visit

Took her for her first visit yesterday 30 days after her breaking and they said it seems to be doing ok, said they really could NOT see the healing process yet but said that's NOT uncommon. I finally got to see her x-rays, guess I didn;t really know what a compression break looked like but do now!!!

but now she is worrying about how we are going to pay the bills that her insurance is NOT going to cover.......Somehow we will make it, kinda makes it hard when she is the bread winner now and not working much but she's afraid we're gonna loose things, just bought her a new car and she wishes now we hadn't but can't rely on junk vehicles to get her 2 hrs away to Dr's!!!

So glad to hear the Mrs. is doing good. Bills, bills, bills. Can't sweat the small stuff, you still have each other and somehow it will all be ok.

Wonderful news for just 30 days after break. It would be difficult to be the bread winner and suddenly now she is not able to supply that it might even be a little depressing for her, just remind her most things you owe on the companies will usually work with you if ou explain the situation. For example I don't know where you financed your car, but I know they can bump a could payments to the end of your term and could ask you how much you can afford for now ( I used to work finance in several car dealerships) It's when people do not contact creditors to explain there situation so plead your case and if necessary ask for the supervisor they usually have more power to help.

You two have enough to deal with and worry does not help the healing process .

If you have any questions I can help you with you can PM me.

Be blessed today...
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

D... I hate to say this. But did you get a settlement or anything from the other accident?

She may need to seek some medical damages.

I hate that she is having so many problems. I replied to your insurance thread. (((hugs to you both)))
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Duge, blessings to you and your wife. I am so glad that she is doing well. I wish I had some good ideas about the financial side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    D... I hate to say this. But did you get a settlement or anything from the other accident?

She may need to seek some medical damages.

I hate that she is having so many problems. I replied to your insurance thread. (((hugs to you both)))

NOPE DD, they haven't paid a thing and on top of it the hospital put a lien on it first for like 2 grand and today I just got a new letter where it say's it's over 15 grand now! but I think it's a misprint I NEVER got anything from the hospital that saod 15 it was 2 something, got a feeling they might have knocked it down some and the decimal is in the wrong place I HOPE!!!!!!!

Hi Duge. I had been wondering on how Mrs. Duge is doing.
    I truly understand the worry about the bills. There was no way of knowing this would happen when you bought a new car, but I know how it feels to be kicking yourself later.
    Will the hospital work out a payment plan? It is better to have contact with them about it then just feel overwhelmed and ignore. (speaking from experience)
    Damn, I wish you were getting something from the person that probably started this.
    I'm grateful she was not hurt worse........but it still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by duge View Post
    NOPE DD, they haven't paid a thing and on top of it the hospital put a lien on it first for like 2 grand and today I just got a new letter where it say's it's over 15 grand now! but I think it's a misprint I NEVER got anything from the hospital that saod 15 it was 2 something, got a feeling they might have knocked it down some and the decimal is in the wrong place I HOPE!!!!!!!

I hope you lawyered up. Gee they don't miss anything do they?

Since it was an accident in the parking lot...I bet her primary insurance won't pay if old injury is mentioned in the medical records. Insurance companies request records so they can get out of paying.

You may have a mess brewing.

Let me know if I can help...
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    I hope you lawyered up. Gee they don't miss anything do they?

Since it was an accident in the parking lot...I bet her primary insurance won't pay if old injury is mentioned in the medical records. Insurance companies request records so they can get out of paying.

You may have a mess brewing.

Let me know if I can help...
    Worst part id her old insurance only had a 1500. dollar limit and it got maxed out a LONG time ago with the other so.....I'd say were pretty much screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by duge View Post
    Worst part id her old insurance only had a 1500. dollar limit and it got maxed out a LONG time ago with the other so.....I'd say were pretty much screwed!
    Hello Duge,

I have medical disability but my wife has no health insurance. (We tried but cannot afford $450/month and everything was declared "Pre-Existing" and payment refused. We had to drop this worthless policy.) She had a lump on her breast that needed a biopsy. She told the hospital and doctor that she was self pay. They lowered the price from $14,000 to $9,000. She told them we could pay $100/month and they said that would be fine.

One of my surgeries (2004) was $9,000 co-pay and we did that same thing. When we had it down to about $900 this year, my wife called and asked if they would write it off..... they did.

In Georgia, if you pay (I believe) above $25/month, they cannot refuse payment nor forclose on you. You may want to check in your state for the existence of such a law. We have found out if you talk to them and try to work something out, the medical facilities will work with you.

Good luck and I hope for the best for you and your wife.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne