Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voice recognition software

Voice recognition software

I'm using Dragon dictate classics version 3. 0
    isn't any other voice recognition software or latest dragon software which I can free download from the Internet
    thank you.

If you have Windows 7 or Vista you automatically have Windows speech recognition for free but I did come across this on the speech computing forum today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1tt_aeIAM8

I forget the fancy name it is shareware Freeware I still believe > Now this is totally off the top of my head as I am typing this

DS Speech V 1.55.3 or something like that

Dragon dictate classics version 3. 0 doesn't support Wins 7.
    I unable to use Dragon now, very inconvenient.
    What to do? Any Dragon dictate support Wins 7 free download site?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by C4SCI; 07-28-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimsoon84 View Post
    Dragon dictate classics version 3. 0 doesn't support Wins 7.
    I unable to use Dragon now, very inconvenient.
    What to do? Any Dragon dictate support Wins 7 free download site?
    Thank you.
    I am not sure if your problem is similar to mine when installing DragonDictate on Windows 7. After many hours of trying, I managed to come up with a solution.

Firstly, install DragonDictate as usual... I think it should be installed on to your C drive. After DragonDictate is installed, the next step is usually to create a user and to train it. That's when I ran into trouble the first time I tried to have DragonDictate running on Windows 7 as the training part will not work for the created user. So after the installation, close DragonDictate without creating any user.

Open up My Computer and navigate to where DragonDictate was installed... should be at C:/DDWin There should be a file called VOICEBAR.EXE in the DDWin folder. Right click on this file and select Properties, click on the Compatibility Tab at the top and check on the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for: and below that, select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the drop-down list. Finish up by clicking OK.

Now start up DragonDictate again, and when you create a user, the training of the created user should be able to run normally. Give it a go if you had the same problem and let me know how it goes.

CK

Quote Originally Posted by quadri888 View Post
    I am not sure if your problem is similar to mine when installing DragonDictate on Windows 7. After many hours of trying, I managed to come up with a solution.

Firstly, install DragonDictate as usual... I think it should be installed on to your C drive. After DragonDictate is installed, the next step is usually to create a user and to train it. That's when I ran into trouble the first time I tried to have DragonDictate running on Windows 7 as the training part will not work for the created user. So after the installation, close DragonDictate without creating any user.

Open up My Computer and navigate to where DragonDictate was installed... should be at C:/DDWin There should be a file called VOICEBAR.EXE in the DDWin folder. Right click on this file and select Properties, click on the Compatibility Tab at the top and check on the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for: and below that, select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the drop-down list. Finish up by clicking OK.

Now start up DragonDictate again, and when you create a user, the training of the created user should be able to run normally. Give it a go if you had the same problem and let me know how it goes.

CK
    can't install or setup

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check you computer system infromation to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

Sorry to hear about that. I didn't have that problem when installing DragonDictate to my version of Windows 7 Extreme Edition.

Hi kimsoon84,

• Firstly I would uninstall them.
    • Next delete your registry (this will remove any old files you have that might be disrupting the installation) - Use CCleaner.
    • Then install DragonDictate (make sure you run it as administrator)

Good luck!
    "Science is facts; just as houses are made of stone, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house, and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."
    ~
    Jules Henri Poincaré

Logitech Wireless

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherW View Post
    Hi kimsoon84,

• Firstly I would uninstall them.
    • Next delete your registry (this will remove any old files you have that might be disrupting the installation) - Use CCleaner.
    • Then install DragonDictate (make sure you run it as administrator)

Good luck!
    I can't run Setup at all.

I've always purchased Dragon but when I got my new laptop it runs as 64-bit so I had to upgrade to the latest version of Dragon, version 11.0. You can use the latest voice recognition that comes with Windows but you have to use it in Microsoft software. I tried doing it like that for a while but I use Firefox because Internet Explorer didn't have any plug-ins to block advertisements or bunch of other crap that's out there.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.