Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Exercise!!

Quote Originally Posted by JEAPOW View Post
    I have found that the pool is the best exercise program I can do, my PT showed me all kinds of different exercises I can do plus it is fun and much easier in the water.
    I wish I had him to show me..what to do in water.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Yo Fuentes! I was wondering when you would help out! )

What does 3 heads mean and how do I do that!???

ps..I am actually gonna try that salsa recipe today! but I am gonna throw the chicken in frozen! lol! and it is already de skinned/boneless. Plus I want some rice..thought I would throw that is raw too? it will cook eventually ?
    dude, i put it all in raw. put your rice in 2 hrs b4 its all cooked......i do frozen chicken too. its fantastic, lmk how u like it. put beans in too. shit is da bomb.

google deltoid heads. you have frt mid and rear. by doing different exercises either palm up or palm down u isolate them.

fyi- call me john.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    dude, i put it all in raw. put your rice in 2 hrs b4 its all cooked......i do frozen chicken too. its fantastic, lmk how u like it. put beans in too. shit is da bomb.

google deltoid heads. you have frt mid and rear. by doing different exercises either palm up or palm down u isolate them.

fyi- call me john.

Cool..I will google now . beans are good Idea too I saw this today: Thank John!

4 Reasons to Eat Beans
    Published: 3/25/2011

Today's Q&A:
    Can You Be Addicted to Sugar?

Related:
    Nutrition

They often get a bad rap for causing indigestion and flatulence, but the health benefits of beans (and other legumes, such as lentils) make them a stellar choice in a healthful diet. Beans are:
    1. An excellent source of vegetarian protein, providing six to seven grams per half-cup serving.
    2. High in folic acid, which may help to protect against cancers of the lung, colon and cervix, and prevent birth defects.
    3. A great source of fiber, dishing up 25-30% of the Daily Value of dietary fiber, 75% of which is insoluble - the type that reduces the risk of colon cancer.
    4. A low-glycemic-index food, making them a good option for diabetics.
    In addition, most varieties are inexpensive and versatile. I recommend one to two servings of beans and legumes per day - easy to do if you swap out meat for beans in salads and sandwiches, and make hummus or bean dip part of an afternoon snack. And if stomach upset is a concern, you can improve the quality and digestibility of beans by consuming them with grains such as brown rice, which provide a complimentary protein profile. Discarding the soaking and cooking water when using dry beans may also help reduce flatulence."
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Ill tell u what else is awesome is larrys corn/bean /salsa concoction. Holly chit. Its stupid easy and quick for a side. I seasoned w/ cumin, garlic and black pepper. Annalisa loves both these recipes as well.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Ill tell u what else is awesome is larrys corn/bean /salsa concoction. Holly chit. Its stupid easy and quick for a side. I seasoned w/ cumin, garlic and black pepper. Annalisa loves both these recipes as well.
    Funny you should mention that--the salsa I bought at Publix actually was a corn bean salsa! SO all I did was add the package of taco seasoning..(it seemed like a lot of seasoning yikes) the one thing of salsa (it was bigger than a jar..and I had to add water--even though you said not to..it was all chunky salsa and taco powder and frozen chicken! so now it is cookin..I will add some brown rice later as you said.

sorry to hijack your excercixe thread for food talk..RP!

still looking for deltoid exercises--I need pictures-not just the directions lol! and many are over the head and I was told not to do that..and are focused on building muscle mass--and I don;t want that either!

Quote Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
    i workout with weights 5 days(2on 1 off/2on 1 off)....i ve worked out w/weights for manyy years, so it not hard for me to do(i dont need to be pushed)......as far as diet goes....i eat very clean. and almost same everyday

breakfast -9am- oatmeal/bananna/blueberries,water

lunch- noon- 1 grilled chicken breast, either brown rice or 1/2 a yam, either asparagus/brocoli/spinach(all fresh/not canned), small whole wheat pita,water ... or...can solid white tuna in water..drain and add to small bowl of brown rice, mix /eat, no mayo!...i love it

pre workout-3pm- peanutbutter/jelly on whole wheat,water
    post workout-5pm- hardboiled egg..a few veggies,water

dinner 8pm- chicken breast 4 nights...fish(tilapia or salmon) 1 night..steak 1 night..pasta(w/chicken mixed in) 1 night......sides,- asparagus/brocoli/spinach/baby carrots. water

late snack if at all...quaker oatmeal squares(its a cereal/but made of oatmeal/very healthy..eat em plain ..good crunchy snack

i ate like this pre sci...just recently started eating this again.....and my energy level is double what it was...i dont need to lose weight, this is just a good healthy diet ...good proteins...the 4 healthiest veggies...healthy carbs.....im doing 400 crunches a day..100 at wake up..300 in afternoon..soon to add 100 more at bedtime......6 pack already coming in in just 2 weeks...

few things to follow......dont eat- white rice/white bread/white potatoes..replace with brown rice/100% whole wheat/whole grain bread/yams or sweet potatoes

oatmeal-- dont eat those little flavored packs..not good....eat the quaker oats 1-minute(comes in the tube)..or steel cut oats(but takes longer to cook)....add water micro 45 sec. add cinnamon

breads- alot say "wheat bread"..but not really...u want 100% whole wheat....look at ingredients..the 1st thing should say "whole wheat" or "whole grain".....hit me up with any questions steve

im going to go do some crunches right now. motivated i am good post

I've always found that if I make a "formal" commitment to work out, then i'm more likely to stay on top of it. Whether it's committing to going to rugby practices or scheduling workouts at a rehab center, i'm more likely to do the work if its planned instead of whenever I feel like it.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

just do it- you always feel better afterwards. I recently (read: last 3 months) upped my workout from little to nothing to a minimum of 6 days a week. it's been a big help in keeping me occupied during the winter, and also I find if i distract myself with music or even something to watch in front of me, the time flies and i've still gotten something accomplished.

that hook/ceiling idea is a good one. i never know what to do with those bands.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Funny you should mention that--the salsa I bought at Publix actually was a corn bean salsa! SO all I did was add the package of taco seasoning..(it seemed like a lot of seasoning yikes) the one thing of salsa (it was bigger than a jar..and I had to add water--even though you said not to..it was all chunky salsa and taco powder and frozen chicken! so now it is cookin..I will add some brown rice later as you said.

sorry to hijack your excercixe thread for food talk..RP!

still looking for deltoid exercises--I need pictures-not just the directions lol! and many are over the head and I was told not to do that..and are focused on building muscle mass--and I don;t want that either!
    sherocks,

the 3 parts of the deltoid are the anterior, medial and posterior deltoid. There are pics all over the internet and many books available for you to see. I could describe exercises to you, but you are looking for pics. I would be good for you to get a dvd, to see proper form with the dumbells. Form is everything.

Also muscle is a good thing. This is what gives your body shape. You should have no fear of "bulking up". Women don't have the testosterone for this,it's a big misconception among some women. You would have to be shooting testosterone and in a gym 7 days a week for several hours a day to get a look that would be what a man can achieve. Use moderate weight with higher repetitions, if you are concerned. Usually perform 3 sets of like 10-12 reps of each exercise, or with lighter weights, higher reps. You muscles should be worked to fatigue in order for them to "grow". Keeping your muscles strong can help protect them from unnecessary injury.
    Last edited by marycsm77; 03-26-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    sherocks,

the 3 parts of the deltoid are the anterior, medial and posterior deltoid. There are pics all over the internet and many books available for you to see. I could describe exercises to you, but you are looking for pics. I would be good for you to get a dvd, to see proper form with the dumbells. Form is everything.

Also muscle is a good thing. This is what gives your body shape. You should have no fear of "bulking up". Women don't have the testosterone for this,it's a big misconception among some women. You would have to be shooting testosterone and in a gym 7 days a week for several hours a day to get a look that would be what a man can achieve. Use moderate weight with higher repetitions, if you are concerned. Usually perform 3 sets of like 10-12 reps of each exercise, or with lighter weights, higher reps. You muscles should be worked to fatigue in order for them to "grow". Keeping your muscles strong can help protect them from unnecessary injury.

Oh my goodness Mary thanks! I did research and I am just frustrated lol..like I said most shown are over head stuff and my PT I had a few years back said that is not good for us must keep lifts below shoulder..I was folding towels..arms outstreched -out in front and above shoulder level..pulled something or pinched something and almost ruined my cruise the next day! couldnt move my arm! lol

I already have some pain there so I am very worried about doing a routine right from the start you know??

I don;t want to hurt anything (neck, tendons, etc) as I am not young like rolling Princess anymore )