Thread: National Doctor's Day

National Doctor's Day

March 30th is National Doctor's Day. Show your doctors your appreciation by sending them a short note saying thank you for all they do for you. Here is an excerpt from an article that appeared last year about National Doctor's Day.
    "National Doctor's Day 2010, honoring the work of doctors across the United States, is being celebrated today, March 30, 2010.

The annual event is held every March 30. According to DoctorsDay.org, "It is a day to celebrate the contribution of physicians who serve our country by caring for its' citizens."

The first Doctor's Day was observed on March 30, 1933 in Winder, Georgia, when Eudora Brown Almond - wife of Dr. Charles B. Almond - decided to set a day aside to honor physicians. In 1990, the House and Senate officially declared March 30 "National Doctor's Day."

Traditionally, people celebrate the day by going out of their way to thank their doctors, mailing greeting cards, and sending flowers. The red carnation is commonly associated with the National Doctor's Day."

And while I'm here.....Thanks Dr. Young for all of your support for and efforts expended in on going treatment modalities and the search for a cure for spinal cord injuries.

All the best,
    GJ

Thanks GJ. I did'nt realize there was a National Doctor's Day! I have several doctors, but will want to make sure I at least get one sent to my neurosurgeon. He's been great to me since 2006. He set my first surgery up when I had no insurance....and wrote it off. I can't thank him enough.

He's out of net work for me now and when I asked for a referral, he said no. So he continues to take care of me for less for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories View Post
    Thanks GJ. I did'nt realize there was a National Doctor's Day! I have several doctors, but will want to make sure I at least get one sent to my neurosurgeon. He's been great to me since 2006. He set my first surgery up when I had no insurance....and wrote it off. I can't thank him enough.

He's out of net work for me now and when I asked for a referral, he said no. So he continues to take care of me for less for himself.
    What a great story.

All the best,
    GJ