Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: geniebra!

In my case, I have one shoulder that is slightly lower than the other one, and my strap slips only on that side. Pre-SCI I had this happen infrequently, but post-SCI, it was a constant problem until I found Strap Doctor.

The bras in question are described as "leisure" bras by the marketers. In other words, wear in public at your own risk. The bras are a flimsy, , much less well made version of that uniboob creating, flattening device: the sports bra.

Whether these would work for anyone depends upon why you wear a bra. Any woman with any cup size at all will likely be disappointed in the Genie bra. These garments also do nada to minimize nipple show through.

With bras as with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

the total for six bra's came to 85.00.
    you couldnt order less, and I didnt have that kind of cash, so no genie bra's.

so far I havnt heard from anyone who has tried them.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    the total for six bra's came to 85.00.
    you couldnt order less, and I didnt have that kind of cash, so no genie bra's.

so far I havnt heard from anyone who has tried them.
    If you're having trouble with your bras, a front closing bra may provide an easier way to hook and unhook. Also, for anyone having trouble with straps slipping off shoulders, racer back bras can stop the slippage.

Because good undergarments can be expensive, watch for sales. Many department stores are offering good sales and discounts this holiday weekend.

Genie bras are on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond, 2 for 19.00. I think they sell them at Wal Mart now too. You could at least try one on at Wal Mart.
    I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
    hunger.

I ebay'd 1 w/ pads, due to my non-existent rack. It works for nip-coverage. Shows w/ low-cut tops, tho, and at least in the nude color, doesn't look like the pretty camisole as they claim. The pad-less would be more comfy, this is just ok.

I've paid for many bras that were a misery-underwires kill me. This one doesn't seem to hurt as bad at the dividing line between sensation and none, right where my bra band always hits.

I'll order more, but bear in mind, I'm flat-chested. It can't give me uni-boob as I have no boobs anyway!

I was interested in these too .. but read all kinds of horrible reviews online. Not for those of us in D cup.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

yiiipppaaawwww, I love big boobs!!
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

For some reason I didn't picture you as a D cup Jody.

These garments also do nada to minimize nipple show through.
    BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Okay, I bought a pack of 2 at BB&B. I had a $5 off coupon so two of them for $15, not too bad. They are comfy but they do not flatter my figure.... They smush the girls down and I have "muffin" tops coming out the middles. I don't think I would have bought them if I had tried them on first. However, they are really comfy and I will wear them as sports bras.
    I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
    hunger.