Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Therapy Facility

My son did his inpatient therapy at Kennedy Krieger and we now return to do an intense 2 week session every 4-6 months. I looked at many rehab facilities and am always glad we decided on KKI (Shepherd was my other choice). KKI has the latest in technology, the pool in the out patient center is amazing. When we go my son does 3 hrs in the am and then 1 hr in the pool each afternoon. And it is covered by insurance.

If you go to Project Walk or SCI Step they are not covered. We do go to a facility of that sort at home in VA, Samaritans Walk, becasue it is our best option. We pay out of pocket and it is costly.

Sharon D, thank you for the post and sharing your thoughts. I am overwhelmed by everything that is happening! How to find the time to keep up with all of the things I need to do: researching for rehab facilities, paperwork, bills, keeping up with new care givers, figuring out how to bill MA, helping with a benefit taking place in May, working, trying to take time for myself, and working.

what about the cost

hi there
    do you know how much a 3 hours cost and how much it cost if you are paying privatly
    many thanks from london
    Quote Originally Posted by kelrod View Post
    I currently rehab at Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan. It is my opinon there is no better place. The staff is knowledgeable, courteous and focused.

The therapy is aggressive (3 hour sessions) and worth the hard work you must put in.

It's close to your home and they have on campus living facilities. Comerica Park is close by( 1/4 mile), so you can check out some Indian-Tiger games

Look me up when you get there. Good Luck

cost

hi snowman
    can you please update me on the cost at project walk
    many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I don't believe Craig has an intensive exercise based program... They hired the former Program Director of Beyond Therapy at Shepherd as their Director of Physical Therapy. She was supposed to start something but I dont believe she has had a chance to set it up yet.

Thank you to all for the posts! I will use this information to help my son!

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    My son did his inpatient therapy at Kennedy Krieger and we now return to do an intense 2 week session every 4-6 months. I looked at many rehab facilities and am always glad we decided on KKI (Shepherd was my other choice). KKI has the latest in technology, the pool in the out patient center is amazing. When we go my son does 3 hrs in the am and then 1 hr in the pool each afternoon. And it is covered by insurance.

If you go to Project Walk or SCI Step they are not covered. We do go to a facility of that sort at home in VA, Samaritans Walk, becasue it is our best option. We pay out of pocket and it is costly.
    SCI Step can be covered by insurance! Go there especially if you are already in Ohio! Excellent place and people!
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

zq783

Project Walk cost is $105/hr

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

105 dollars an hour? Dang, my local hosp. rehab place charges my worlemens comp 75.00 for every 15 minutes or 300 dollars an hour. Ridiculous.

I just heard today that they are going to start up a "Wellness Program" at Craig Rehab. Hospital. I will share more information as I am aware of it.

Patrick Madsen...you would want to know if the employees are seeing a physical therapist for the sessions be billed at $75.00 per every 15 minutes. Project Walk does not have any physical therapist on staff, nor a medical director.