Thread: ADI Carbon Fiber Seatbase

ADI Carbon Fiber Seatbase

Anyone uses this seatbase? Durable? Might get one eventhough I'm a cheapskate. Just read someone's Tilite solid seat pan broken. Aluminium and G10 can't withstand its claimed weight capacity. How come?
    Need some insight.

I have been using TiLite's aluminum pan for 5 months now with no problems. I don't jump curbs or stairs, though.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I have been using TiLite's aluminum pan for 5 months now with no problems. I don't jump curbs or stairs, though.
    My ZR started out with an aluminum pan and it buckled over time. I don't think jumping curbs had much to do with it. More likely it was no match for my massive <160 lb. frame.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    My ZR started out with an aluminum pan and it buckled over time. I don't think jumping curbs had much to do with it. More likely it was no match for my massive <160 lb. frame.
    About how much time passed before it buckled? Did it buckle slowly or suddenly? What should I watch for?

I weigh about 210# dressed; my seat is 17" wide. I can stand, and typically plop down hard when I sit. I'm not being careful with my chair (but not rough either). I see no signs of stress yet.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Currently my ZR is spec'ed with tension adjustable by bolts. Is this a replacement for the seat base that came with the ZR?

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    About how much time passed before it buckled? Did it buckle slowly or suddenly? What should I watch for?

I weigh about 210# dressed; my seat is 17" wide. I can stand, and typically plop down hard when I sit. I'm not being careful with my chair (but not rough either). I see no signs of stress yet.
    I probably should use word sag rather than buckle -- it didn't snap in two. the sagging occurred over about a 3.5 to 4 year period.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinn.babe View Post
    Currently my ZR is spec'ed with tension adjustable by bolts. Is this a replacement for the seat base that came with the ZR?

The ADI carbon fiber seat base should fit into your ZR cause it's clamps and screws on its seat itself rather than onto the chair frame. But you have to drill the 4 holes yourself, easy.

Just give ADI your seat width and depth that is all.

I have not use this seat yet, want to gauge some info on this ADI's carbon seat's quality but so far not yet heard anyone using this type in CC yet.