I'm sure this has been done before but I couldn't find any thread about the BPM/meter factor.

Back when I used to run (many moons ago) I had tons of great music to workout to. Pounding 4/4 beats aren't hard to come by and I had close to 300 songs that I would rotate.

Fast forward to now and when I workout in my chair all the beats are wrong. They're perfect for running to- but wheeling is in a different time. Less bam-bam-bam and more bam-pause-pause-bam-glide. I'm having a hell of a time finding music to work out to and it's starting to really get me down. I'm a huge music buff and I need the music.

I don't like angry songs- any genre is fine just not angry songs. I had enough time being angry so I'd like to skip that sort of energy. Here's what I've got so far for my workout playlist and even some of these are too off in the beat for me to really wheel to.

Murder City Devils- Ready for more
Pretty Lights- Finally Moving (remix)
Common- The People
Jill Scott- Golden
Spoon- Don't You Evah
Kirk Franklin- September
Kim English- Unspeakable Joy
Deadmau5- Hi Friend
John Legend- Green Light
Passion Pit- Little Secret
MSTRKRFT- Heartbreaker
Royal Bangs- My Car Is Haunted
Sleater Kinney- Little Babies
Justice- DVNO
Blame- Stay Forever
Dirty Vegas- Electric Love
Gogol Bordello- Start Wearing Purple
Heavens to Betsy- Axemen
Team Dresch (random selections)
Talking Heads- (random selections)
Cassius- Toop Toop

Any more ideas of songs like this or just something in the same BPM range? I know there's some variance in my list; I suppose it's less about the BPM and more about the meter?

All I know is that I'm going crazy trying to find workout music that's a bit slower but doesn't make me want to have a glass of iced tea and watch a sunset. Not much middle ground that doesn't involve telling people to get naked and do the horizontal mambo- while not bad it doesn't make me want to wheel for two miles on a Saturday.