Thread: CrossFit

CrossFit

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Crossfit? If they have participated or are participating. I am looking into it. It looks like the program is very adaptable to the level and disiability you have. Any personal input would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Crossfit? If they have participated or are participating. I am looking into it. It looks like the program is very adaptable to the level and disiability you have. Any personal input would be great.
    I have AB'd friends to who are involved in crossfit. I think there are a few exercises that can be adapted for disabled folk. Why not?

However, this stuff is pretty brutal - so unless you are in good shape to start with I would start cautiously. Am loving the muscle ups! Although I wouldnt dare put my beloved shoulders through that.

Check out www.crossfit.com

I go to a Crossfit gym every week. I don't do the WODs but I knew the owners so they're pretty good about letting me use the equipment and do what I can. They've got ropes, rings, weights, etc. I take a mat and extra cushion and do stuff on the floor. I think you'll find most Crossfit gyms have an atmosphere where everyone is there to work hard so just explain what you can and can't do and get creative.

The owner is super cool and really nice. Also, his daughter is disabled. She has spina bifida (sp). He understands the difficulties I will have and that the workouts will have to be adapted to what I can do and progress from there. It seems like a good fit. No I am not in shape, but this is a start and we will start slow. It the closest gym to my house and is something I am looking forward to. I know it is going to be brutal but I need it!