Thread: Exercise using a Wijit Wheels

Exercise using a Wijit Wheels

I exercise everyday using Wijit Wheels, they are removable wheels that you attach to your chair, the wheels have a lever that you push on to propel yourself. The wheels have a built in gear so once you get moving you can really go fast with less exertion then traditional push rims. I guess my question is does anyone else out there use the Wijit Wheels and do you feel that have helped your endurance? I do about thirty minutes a day either around track or in a mall. I am a c5c6 incomplete quad post 36 years, I feel as though this is one the best exercise routine that I have ever tried. I would recommend it for those who are serious about cardiovascular and endurance.

What kind of chair and how do they attach? I have been interested in these.

I saw someone HUSTLING the other day with those things. so jealous. they were going SUPER fast.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

The Wijit Wheels attach

To just about most manual and folding chairs out there. If the chair is not compatible (like my Quickie TI) the Wijit makers give you an extra piece that will allow the wheels to fit your chair.

What is the price? And are they dependable..
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Quote Originally Posted by workingquad View Post
    I exercise everyday using Wijit Wheels, they are removable wheels that you attach to your chair, the wheels have a lever that you push on to propel yourself. The wheels have a built in gear so once you get moving you can really go fast with less exertion then traditional push rims. I guess my question is does anyone else out there use the Wijit Wheels and do you feel that have helped your endurance? I do about thirty minutes a day either around track or in a mall. I am a c5c6 incomplete quad post 36 years, I feel as though this is one the best exercise routine that I have ever tried. I would recommend it for those who are serious about cardiovascular and endurance.
    I tried the wheels at the Abilities Expo, I never thought about using them for exercise. I really disliked them, though I could see their advantage when used strictly for training/exercise. As for everyday, they seemed useless to me.

Someone asked about cost. The salesmen at the show told me they were $,5000 (if I remember right).

I don't like being noticed for using a chair and these giant levers coming off my wheels are extremely noticeable. I imagine they hang up on clothing, curtains, table cloths etcetera. I also didn't think they were very well made, especially for the very high cost. Anyone who benefits from any equipment is doing well in my book but these things were not for me.