Thread: Student Loans

Student Loans

I have about $4K in student loans from Citi bank and the only thing I can do is for them to be on forbearance but still accumulate I interest. I have not gone back to work and get $1100 SSDI and that doesn't even cover my expenses.

They did give me a form that my doctor coul sign and dismiss the loans but he wouldn't. It basically would be him saying I can't go back to work. Which I guess is untrue but you never know with all the pain and pressure sore issues etc. My doctor is in a chair so I'm not surprised he wouldnt do it. Any advice? Thanks

I would try another doctor. Or cut a deal with Citi and tell them you can only afford "x" amount of dollars a month. It is worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    I would try another doctor. Or cut a deal with Citi and tell them you can only afford "x" amount of dollars a month. It is worth a shot.
    Yea I was gonna try to figure out another doctor and hope they will do it and go from there...thanks

I'd first ask yourself if you want to go back to work. $4k in student loans can be cleared pretty easily, and I'm not just saying that; my wife and I just paid off her $32k. Your problem isn't the loans, it's income. If your SSDI isn't covering expenses, you gotta make a change somehow anyway.

Yea I am just taking the 1st 2 yrs to try to recover what I can and then look to doing something diff at the end of Oct. It sucks that interest not stop and part of me once to try to get anything I can label as a positive from this nightmare.

I'm with you on that same problem. I have a bit more on my loans and gaining interest sucks. I'm coming up on two years here this May. I hope to get back to working so I don't have to worry about this anymore. I can only use forbearance for three years so I need to come up with something soon