Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Oracing Extreme Box

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    what i was throwing in the air was about 10.5lbs or a bit less.
    You are strong, without wheel, my chair is 12.79 lbs, yet it is still heavy for me.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Here is an other extreme box, this one has fendered sideguards, bor wheels, CF seat by strips, ultralight brakes, unitine forks, etc.

I leave here all pics i took.

a few more pics.

I like the inset placement of the lower frame rails and how they flare outward toward the caster housing. The placement of the caster housings almost looks similar to Quickie's "Caster Housing Setting 1". Did the guy who received the chair want them there for stability. Does it create issues balancing the front of the footrest on the ground to remove the rear wheels when breaking it down?

The placement of the crosstube under the seat rail seems to be much farther forward than I've seen on any other chair. Changing wheel lock designs doesn't look like an option, but the crosstube location could be a good place to attach a carbon fiber shelf to be able to carry a iPad/tablet, clipboard, or other miscellaneous items beneath the seat (provided the carbon fiber by strips seat is thick enough so that it doesn't have too much flex.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I like the inset placement of the lower frame rails and how they flare outward toward the caster housing. The placement of the caster housings almost looks similar to Quickie's "Caster Housing Setting 1". Did the guy who received the chair want them there for stability. Does it create issues balancing the front of the footrest on the ground to remove the rear wheels when breaking it down?

The placement of the crosstube under the seat rail seems to be much farther forward than I've seen on any other chair. Changing wheel lock designs doesn't look like an option, but the crosstube location could be a good place to attach a carbon fiber shelf to be able to carry a iPad/tablet, clipboard, or other miscellaneous items beneath the seat (provided the carbon fiber by strips seat is thick enough so that it doesn't have too much flex.
    the crosstube under the seat is like that because was ordered in that place for attach some kind of handbike that fix in the camber tube and in the crosstube.

About the location of the casters housing if you don`t give them your preferences of where you like them(distance between rear&front axles and measurement between forks stems), they make them in a std place where give a good stability to the chair.

Look mines how are a bit different, the lower tubes change depending the width of the calf bar and the measurement you order between the front of the footrest and calf bar, even you choice the distance between the floor and calf bar, measurements of footplate, etc. so there are to much factors that make each chair differents.
    Last edited by totoL1; 05-07-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Did you get a full CAD drawing with your specs? I can't recall if you posted a CAD or just a sketch. For all I know, you might have given them the drawing.

It sounds like Oracing uses slightly different specifications when they build their frames. It would be an excellent addition to the CC CAD Repository.

If you don't have one, it sounds like you have enough influence with them to get a copy.

Every manufacturer in the industry is taking a global approach with the products they are developing. There is no reason to limit the repository simply because a particular chair is not yet available in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    So you prefer it like that? more safe. right?
    Do you still need the safety belt?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Do you still need the safety belt?
    i only use the safety belt in long travels.
    Last edited by totoL1; 05-08-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Did you get a full CAD drawing with your specs? I can't recall if you posted a CAD or just a sketch. For all I know, you might have given them the drawing.

It sounds like Oracing uses slightly different specifications when they build their frames. It would be an excellent addition to the CC CAD Repository.

If you don't have one, it sounds like you have enough influence with them to get a copy.

Every manufacturer in the industry is taking a global approach with the products they are developing. There is no reason to limit the repository simply because a particular chair is not yet available in the US.
    Of couse i have it, but is different than yours, they don`t put the measurements, once they have all your measurements they send you your chair in 3D for see if all is ok or if you want to change something.

Here a few pics of my CAD.
    Last edited by totoL1; 05-08-2011 at 03:48 AM.