Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Oracing Extreme Box

What is the benefit of having the profiled sideguard tubing?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    What is the benefit of having the profiled sideguard tubing?

Stephen, i can`t say benefits of nothing, because which could be a benefit for me, maybe is not for you, i hate a chair without sideguards and are a lot of people that dosen`t have them.
    Why i prefer profiled sideguards? because they are rigidity and don`t flex to the wheel, so you will know perfectly when you start getting fatter lol.
    Well is just personal preference, but of course is a sideguard that will last forever, i put Cf in it, but with this kind of sideguard you could make it even with a cloth(jeans, etc) and you will still have the same rigidity in your profile.
    Btw are not going to be welded to the backrest tube like the others, are going to be weld like the pic.

I`m going again to 5" caster, because the chair ride better with them in outdoors and because with 4" i eat them, those are my new casters with just 2-3 monthes they could last as much another pair of monthes and will be in real pour conditions after a couple of monthes more, and probably are out there people with the same 4" softroll casters for years, so each one of us need or prefer different things, that`s all.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I`m going again to 5" caster, because the chair ride better with them in outdoors and because with 4" i eat them, those are my new casters with just 2-3 monthes they could last as much another pair of monthes and will be in real pour conditions after a couple of monthes more, and probably are out there people with the same 4" softroll casters for years, so each one of us need or prefer different things, that`s all.
    Everything's a trade-off. For me, 5" casters would be constantly brushing up against my feet when I turn, which is a real nuisance. Maybe the next chair after your next chair, you will go back to using 4" casters . Let's wait 6 months and see.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Everything's a trade-off. For me, 5" casters would be constantly brushing up against my feet when I turn, which is a real nuisance. Maybe the next chair after your next chair, you will go back to using 4" casters . Let's wait 6 months and see.
    6 months ? that`s to much lol.
    I have tried 6", 5", 4" and 3" all they softroll, and 5" is my favority for my rides.

Caster will be brushing your feet if the chair wasn`t made for 5" caster or if is not made properly.
    Oracing call that a name; i think is the casterPot, so depending the size of you footplat and where is going to be, type of forks and casters size you have to give a different measurement between fork axles for don`t have that problem.

In the chair i`ve got now that measurement is 450, so you can see is going to be increase to 475, so an inch more.
    Last edited by totoL1; 03-15-2012 at 06:27 PM.

I decided to increase the distance between axles another 10mm, you can see the cad before and now, the frame lenght and frontal angle still the same, was moved only the bearing barrel of the fork stem.
    Last edited by totoL1; 03-20-2012 at 09:17 AM.

I was thinking : I love my xtr box,of course it would be better with more distance between axles, but that was my fault, so that was because i was going for another wheelchair, for just make it perfect about that.

But i thought: i`m going for a new chair and i`m going to do just the same? is going to be a bit bored, don`t you think?
    So i called Oracing yestarday and i told them: hey!! forget that CAD, i`ve got a new desing.

They told me that have started welding some tubes, and i told them: no matter, aluminum is a recyclable material.

You can imaginate the answer, something like fucking crazzy bastard

So see you soon.

This is the first Oracing with Topolinos wheels, they are really light, and looks more cooler in reality than in pics, so if you have a bunch of $$$ could be ok, but i wouldn`t buy a wheel that if some spoke gets break you have to replace the entire wheel unless the rim, but they said is very difficult that could happen, so...

The pic is a bit dark and you can`t see them ok, btw this chair is for a quad, you can see the ergo seat and ergo back.
    Last edited by totoL1; 11-14-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Yes, i know, ergo seats and ergo backs are just marketing.
    Just have a look at my back, what do you think my back would need if i had a high insurence, make your own conclusions, i`m not worry if is marketing, but if i would be a quad or high para i would go for it.

Hy guys.

Is just me or nobody can see the pics attached, i would like one of the pics are here but i can`t openned, is there any way to do it, this new forum format sick.

Blog Entries
    The pictures are still on the Carecure servers (so we have been told by the Admins) but during the conversion the thread ID's were changed and no longer join to their associated uploads and attachments correctly. Something we've also been told will be fixed when the next rollout is done...eventually. (FYI: I always use an external hosting site to link pictures here, keeping them under my control to leave up or take down, as well as preserving my copyright. Did you know everything posted and uploaded here becomes Carecure property?)