Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Dream Wheelchair and Cushion

What Is Your Dream Wheelchair and Cushion

What is the top wheelchair cushion combo? If money wasn't a factor what would be the best choices out there? It's fun to dream. I love my Invacare Pronto M91 (with modified full tilt) even after I got a Corpus (that was just a bitch to drive!) but I dream of getting a hold of a chair that drives the same as my Invacare but offers full tilt and the best cushioning out there. Just curious. Or point me to previous threads as I know this is a super popular topic. Thanks!

[SIZE=14px]I would love to have a Bounder by Wheelchairs.com. It has a 13" scissor lift, tilt or any other options and will run 11.6 MPH. You can get them for off-road use which is (Harley Davidson) chain driven. I have never used a rear drive chair but I would be willing to try!!! I only use Roho cushions as Supracor gives me pressure areas.

Good luck.
    [/SIZE]

No wheelchair is my dream :)

I am looking for cushion advice if people have it.
    1. Light
    2. I am a complete so it has to be good quality
    3. Scalloped/adjustable in such a way to keep my legs together. I have a Supracore I am currently using and I hate it, it pushes my legs apart instead of keeping them together (See picture): Seriously what is up with the "spread my legs apart ridge?
    Anyway, nice light cushion that will keep my legs together that is not too high?

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Best power wheelchair is an OmegaTrac but MTS the new manufacturer sucks Ain't nothing like air suspension. Wish TEFTEC still made them.

You've pictured their "Contour" model. Other supracor models are flat and thinner. That said I am sitting on the Supracor Contour cushion right now. A minute ago I transferred off to look to see how it compares to yours. Mine looks very different in that the hump is not as tall and actually the sides are nearly even with the hump, which makes shallow troughs for my legs. I think the big difference in our experience is my chair has a sling bottom and yours appears to be rigid. So the sag of my sling is compensated for by the hump while the edges stay high.

Their classic or another model Supracor is probably what they should have sold you instead of this one.

Oh one more thing, I even have room to tuck the pouch under the cushion. In it I only keep a spare car key and 20 bucks.

I'd get an Icon, and I'm not sure what my dream cushion would be but I'd love to try out roho's and stimulites.

I used the hard blue memory foam for 35 years and recently went with the Varilite dual chambered Nexus I think it's called. I like the idea of being able to adjust the left and right obliquity independently. Can raise my right or left hip according to how much air is in that chamber. Very light and adjustable. I use a 17" so had to cut an 18" foam part down to 17".

So far so good.

As far as a chair, I don't think it's been developed yet. Would like to find one ethat's less stress on the shoulders.

I used the hard blue memory foam for 35 years and recently went with the Varilite dual chambered Nexus I think it's called. I like the idea of being able to adjust the left and right obliquity independently. Can raise my right or left hip according to how much air is in that chamber. Very light and adjustable. I use a 17" so had to cut an 18" foam part down to 17".

So far so good.

As far as a chair, I don't think it's been developed yet. Would like to find one ethat's less stress on the shoulders.

I used an Ulti-mate contour foam cushion for almost 20 years but after it was discontinued I changed to a Supracor Classic XS and love it! My old contoured cushion was shaped like the one in your pic and yes my legs stayed spread like a politician's secretary. My supracor cushion is thinner and all one thickness. It's light and 10 times cooler than my old foam cushion.