Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: got my Topolino wheels

  1. #1
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,165

    got my Topolino wheels

    ordered these with sportaid fb special last friday, ups just dropped them off with my unitine FL for my ZR. wasn't expecting them that quick. these wheels are crazy light, funny how just a few ounces feels like pounds when living with SCI. I had asked to switch order to short tab, but glad it didn't get done in time, the xcores on the Able chair i've been playing around in has short tabs and i don't like them, too hard to get good grip. i'll get them on later and see how they are.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    ordered these with sportaid fb special last friday, ups just dropped them off with my unitine FL for my ZR. wasn't expecting them that quick. these wheels are crazy light, funny how just a few ounces feels like pounds when living with SCI. I had asked to switch order to short tab, but glad it didn't get done in time, the xcores on the Able chair i've been playing around in has short tabs and i don't like them, too hard to get good grip. i'll get them on later and see how they are.
    Cool! Did you need to order new axles as well? What kind of tires did you have put on? Do you have a scale to weigh one of the wheels -- complete?

  3. #3
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Cool! Did you need to order new axles as well? What kind of tires did you have put on?
    i have 4 different axle sizes and none work ;-(
    i put right run with puncture protection on these
    Last edited by jschism; 03-17-2011 at 02:27 PM.

  4. #4
    pics?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Donno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Whately, MA United States
    Posts
    2,654
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    i have 4 different axle sizes and none work ;-(
    i put right run with puncture protection on these
    Most hardware stores have brass or bronze 1/2" i.d. spacers that will allow you to build out the width of the wheel. They also have a stainless steel one that is about 1/2" thick that has a set screw if you need something that will stay in place.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 24 years post injury

  6. #6
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Most hardware stores have brass or bronze 1/2" i.d. spacers that will allow you to build out the width of the wheel. They also have a stainless steel one that is about 1/2" thick that has a set screw if you need something that will stay in place.
    i have all kinds of spacers and lock collars from my old job, it would space it too far out, my chair already has extra length on camber tube to run a wide knobby. plus i prefer to use the correct stuff, spacers work, but aren't right IMO.
    Toto-i'll slap em on to get you a pic since you finally showed us your awesome extreme box frame.

  7. #7
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,165
    wonder if the hubs were put on the wrong way? seems they would have put push rims on side with labels, they are bicycle people and new to the wheelchair market.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    wonder if the hubs were put on the wrong way? seems they would have put push rims on side with labels, they are bicycle people and new to the wheelchair market.
    Yeah, they probably goofed.
    http://www.sportaid.com/topolino-car...air-wheel.html (click the Images tag)

    It also looks like they have their own carbon fiber button axles (or just a pretty hub plug for promotional photos).

  9. #9
    Nice wheels, but a bit expensive imo, the only i don`t like is your pushrims, i have tried them in Sun Fusion wheels and don`t have much grip, profile your sideguards please.

  10. #10
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    profile your sideguards please.
    those are my home made winter guards to keep snow and crap off me and my clothes. those are simply for function and not looks. i'll put my CF ones back on soon.
    Last edited by jschism; 03-18-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-16-2013, 06:57 PM
  2. topolino
    By jschism in forum Equipment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 07:44 PM
  3. New Ultralight Wheelchair Wheel from Topolino
    By Topolino Joe in forum Equipment
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 08:22 AM
  4. Converting bike wheels to handcycle wheels
    By Dado in forum Equipment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 04:14 PM
  5. Emotion Wheels or Magic Wheels??
    By pnadolsky in forum Equipment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •