Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got my Topolino wheels

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live

got my Topolino wheels

ordered these with sportaid fb special last friday, ups just dropped them off with my unitine FL for my ZR. wasn't expecting them that quick. these wheels are crazy light, funny how just a few ounces feels like pounds when living with SCI. I had asked to switch order to short tab, but glad it didn't get done in time, the xcores on the Able chair i've been playing around in has short tabs and i don't like them, too hard to get good grip. i'll get them on later and see how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    ordered these with sportaid fb special last friday, ups just dropped them off with my unitine FL for my ZR. wasn't expecting them that quick. these wheels are crazy light, funny how just a few ounces feels like pounds when living with SCI. I had asked to switch order to short tab, but glad it didn't get done in time, the xcores on the Able chair i've been playing around in has short tabs and i don't like them, too hard to get good grip. i'll get them on later and see how they are.
    Cool! Did you need to order new axles as well? What kind of tires did you have put on? Do you have a scale to weigh one of the wheels -- complete?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Cool! Did you need to order new axles as well? What kind of tires did you have put on?
    i have 4 different axle sizes and none work ;-(
    i put right run with puncture protection on these
    Last edited by jschism; 03-17-2011 at 02:27 PM.

pics?

Blog Entries
    i have 4 different axle sizes and none work ;-(
    i put right run with puncture protection on these
    Most hardware stores have brass or bronze 1/2" i.d. spacers that will allow you to build out the width of the wheel. They also have a stainless steel one that is about 1/2" thick that has a set screw if you need something that will stay in place.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 24 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Most hardware stores have brass or bronze 1/2" i.d. spacers that will allow you to build out the width of the wheel. They also have a stainless steel one that is about 1/2" thick that has a set screw if you need something that will stay in place.
    i have all kinds of spacers and lock collars from my old job, it would space it too far out, my chair already has extra length on camber tube to run a wide knobby. plus i prefer to use the correct stuff, spacers work, but aren't right IMO.
    Toto-i'll slap em on to get you a pic since you finally showed us your awesome extreme box frame.

wonder if the hubs were put on the wrong way? seems they would have put push rims on side with labels, they are bicycle people and new to the wheelchair market.

wonder if the hubs were put on the wrong way? seems they would have put push rims on side with labels, they are bicycle people and new to the wheelchair market.
    Yeah, they probably goofed.
    http://www.sportaid.com/topolino-car...air-wheel.html (click the Images tag)

It also looks like they have their own carbon fiber button axles (or just a pretty hub plug for promotional photos).

Nice wheels, but a bit expensive imo, the only i don`t like is your pushrims, i have tried them in Sun Fusion wheels and don`t have much grip, profile your sideguards please.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    profile your sideguards please.
    those are my home made winter guards to keep snow and crap off me and my clothes. those are simply for function and not looks. i'll put my CF ones back on soon.
    Last edited by jschism; 03-18-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling