Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sask. joins spinal cord research initiative

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    http://site.rickhansen.com/interdepe...ceProgram.aspx

    "If I am going to complete the original dream of a cure for spinal cord injury, we need to have every province ensuring that their best researchers are thinking and applying their energy and knowledge to discovery," Hansen said in Regina on Tuesday.

    Advancing Spinal Cord Injury Research Toward a Cure

    Incredible progress has been made over the past 25 years in the field of spinal cord injury (SCI) research, and improvement to the quality of life for those living with SCI. Interdependence 2012 will provide a rich environment for innovation leaders, SCI researchers, surgeons, government leaders, hospital administrators and healthcare professionals to reflect on the successes of the past quarter century through the sharing of international best practices and cutting-edge research.

    Captivating plenary-style sessions designed to bring together all areas of the field in an improved, collaborative global partnership toward the cure for SCI will be the legacy of this conference program.







    Program Themes:
    • Acute SCI Intervention
    • Chronic SCI Intervention
    • Neuroregeneration
    • Registry, Data Management and Clinical Trials
    • Rehabilitation
    I would like to be able to attend this conference. I'll be interested to see who will be speaking and presenting exhibits as the page is updated. I'm happy to see this being planned!

    They expect approximately 6,000 attendees for this large international conference. It runs several days covering multiple aspects of spinal cord injury. (It is not just a one day report on "cures" only). I've asked them if they plan to video tape the speakers and upload them to YouTube for those not able to attend. I'll watch the conference page for updates in May so we can see who will be speaking and presenting exhibits.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Hansen

    Saskatchewan Health Minister Don McMorris said the $1 million will go to the Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation to manage spinal cord research. The foundation will put together a committee, which will include the Rick Hansen Foundation, to look at how the money should be spent and then make a call for research proposals.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-18-2011 at 10:58 PM.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    They expect approximately 6,000 attendees for this large international conference. It runs several days covering multiple aspects of spinal cord injury. (It is not just a one day report on "cures" only). I've asked them if they plan to video tape the speakers and upload them to YouTube for those not able to attend. I'll watch the conference page for updates so we can see who will be speaking and presenting exhibits.
    I am not sure where you are from, but if you can you should go to this annual conference:
    http://www.asia-iscos2011.org/

    It's a big one and you can get a real idea of what's going on. It's in June.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I am not sure where you are from, but if you can you should go to this annual conference:
    http://www.asia-iscos2011.org/

    It's a big one and you can get a real idea of what's going on. It's in June.
    I'm hoping you will be there to report back on that one. There's no way I can schedule it in. I'll be in Washington D.C. Oct 2011, Vancouver, May 2012, Denver Colorado, June 2012. I have several other meetings and fundraisers already scheduled in addition to being out of the country at least one more time this year. I have to schedule conferences and meetings well in advance and can only spread myself so thin. Please let us know what you find out!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I'm hoping you will be there to report back on that one. There's no way I can schedule it in. I'll be in Washington D.C. Oct 2011, Vancouver, May 2012, Denver Colorado, June 2012. I have several other meetings and fundraisers already scheduled in addition to being out of the country at least one more time this year. I have to schedule conferences and meetings well in advance and can only spread myself so thin. Please let us know what you find out!
    I am planning to go to ISCOS (sorry you won't be there as I was hoping to meet you) & to other 6 scientific meetings SCI related this year. I hope I will have enough energy & money to make it all.

    BTW I have been to the ISCOS meeting in the past & reported here on CC..

    I hope you will be able to do the same with the meetings you will attend.

    Paolo

    P.S. Did I miss some meetings you have been at and you have reported here on CC?
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 03-19-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 07:20 PM
  2. The Daniel Heumann Fund for Spinal Cord Research Joins the Christopher and
    By manouli in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 04:31 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 04:27 PM
  4. Prof.Clark joins spinal cure research
    By woblybob in forum Cure
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 11:18 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •