Thread: digital lock query

digital lock query

I have a schlage door lock that hasnt worked well since I changed the battery for the first time. I put the code in, the green light flashes but the door doesnt always unlock, sometimes I have to do it 5-10 times until it does. Anyone have an idea what's wrong? There is no problem like this one listed in the manual nor can I find anything on the interweb
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

I'm sure have...but did you try a another set of new batteries?
    Also, are you using rechargeable batteries? I had a camera that would not work with rechargeable batteries...I had to use regular alkaline batteries.
    Shannon
    C6/7 incomplete
    20 yrs post sci

"falling is easy it's getting back up that becomes the problem, becomes the problem" Staind
    "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.:" :-)
    - Burt Bacharach

yeah I tried a different set same problem. I used the kind recommended in the manual, cant remember which ones tho. The batteries are working as the light turns green and red, it's just not unlocking the latch correctly.

I can;t imagine that this would be connected to the batteries, but it sounds almost as if the lock is not lined up correctly (mechanically). What I mean is that it seems like it is taking too much power to turn the lock.

Does the door shut all the way? (If it is only almost shut, perhaps the bolt is "dragging").

But none of this makes sense as the door was working until you replaced the batteries.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

It shuts but it has to be done hard or it pops open. But I had that problem before I changed the batteries. I hate to call a locksmith for this dumb problem.

Does it unlock when the door is open. If not, then you know it isn't getting stuck. I have the Kwikset variety and it gets a bit finicky with the batteries, too. I have to slide the battery pack out and back in a few times for it to get over thinking that the batteries are almost dead.
    C-6/7 incomplete

mahalo it doesnt unlock when the door is open. so it's not the door it's the lock. so irritating.

btw kailua kona? I know a retired teacher there.

have you triedcalling schlage?

not yet, that's next.

I had a problem with mine, called them and they sent me a new one.