Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: caster bearings

Quote Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
    my caster stop spinning after 12-15 seconds..
    That`s ok.

My caster has 608rs/c3 on it. How would I translate this into size?
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

My caster has 608rs/c3 on it. How would I translate this into size?
    608 is the size (8x22x7mm). RS means rubberized seal on one side. I don't know what the c3 means.

yes. Any 608 will fit. Beyond the size, it's personal preference. The vxb bearings you linked should serve you well for a long time if you periodically maintain (clean and relube) them.

Note: your vxb link mentions c3 as a radial clearance - I don't know what that is.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

my caster stop spinning after 12-15 seconds. i would like to order the ceramic caster bearing. i'll take out the front casters later to look at them.
    I concur with totoL1, that is not too bad; I have had worse new. If you can afford it, consider Bones bearings over the VXB's; I purchased the VXB's and it would seem they are not big on pre-lubing them, another member had the same issue, where the seize up in less than a month due to being dry. Obviously you can lubricate the VXB before you install them, and I would if you go that route.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

PS: I run Bones Super Reds lubed with Bones Speed Cream, and am quite happy with them.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I purchased some Bones Speed Cream as you suggested, but haven't tried it yet. I'd be very curious of a compare between your Super Reds and the Ceramic Super Reds.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

So would I. Since my Super Reds work just fine though, I hesitate to invest in ceramics. On skates I could imagine the difference would be noticeable because they turn so much faster - not so much on my chair (I don't descend hills like toto1. . .).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The Tilite slipstrem single sided forks uses an R6 bearing but its got a different size inner diameter. does anyone knows what the actual sie of this bearing is?

R6 = 3/8" x 7/8" x 9/32" (IDxODxThickness)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>