Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Project

I've always dreamed of having a workshop with one of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Columbus-McKin.../dp/B001HWARY4

And a room for powder coating. Sigh, well I can dream right?

When are you hoping to have her done by? Do you have all the parts ready to go or are you ordering as they become needed?

I enjoy the challenge of taking on those seemingly impossible projects. Much of the satisfaction comes from figuring out how to work around your limitations. However, as a quad, I do not think I would take on welding or taking an acetylene torch in hand. Hope to see photos when you are done.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Well, I had a buddy come by while I was recovering from my foot surgery and decided he had to have this particular project so I only have to get it to a rolling chassis and then it goes bye-bye.

Great work, fantastic project, one of my bucket list items is to ride shotgun in one of these babys!..

What kind of chair, tires, cushion do you use?
    I fab and have thought of getting the new wheels with carbon or aluminum spokes, but figure sparks, brake cleaner, MEK etc wouldn't go well with that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    What kind of chair, tires, cushion do you use?
    I fab and have thought of getting the new wheels with carbon or aluminum spokes, but figure sparks, brake cleaner, MEK etc wouldn't go well with that stuff.
    I've never had issues with chemicals or sparks. I think the main problem is general filth, ie, metal/wood shavings on cushion, transfer paint on chair, automotive grease on push rims, etc...

I have a few holes in my cushion (jay2 gel) where right between my legs sparks can hit the cushion when I'm mig welding or if I have some random blow off of steel or tungsten when I don't clean well enough or spasm and stick my tungsten in a molten pool of steel. I usually wear a leather apron across my legs, up to my neck but it doesn't catch everything. My chair is a Quickie GT, Spinergy's with Marathon Plus pneumatic tires.

The filth does suck. When you get done you are wearing half of your work in your lap or on top of your shoes and socks.

I sewed a piece of leather on the top of my cushion cover, cause I got tired of all the burns in it and picking the weld gobers out of the melted foam.
    130 psi air compressor takes care of most of the dirt. I get a kick out of people worrying about a little hair in their front wheels as filthy as I get grinding.
    All the carbon fiber in the new chairs kind of had me worried, because I have seen race cars burn to the ground with that stuff. Didn't want to set my spokes on fire and end up looking like an idiot, sitting on the ground, trying to put my car out.

Nice project Sir.

Finished this project, Rolling chassis, finally about a month ago. Very happy to see it go to its new owners.