Thread: Kurshall K-Nova

Kurshall K-Nova

I was in the ortophedic today and there was the Kurshall k-nova, i take a few pics for post it in the forum for you can see ok this chair.

My opinions just having a quick look at it, is that is not a durable wheelchair, but could be a good chair for who is looking for his/her first rigid chair and is not going to be rough with it, because has lot of adjustaments, can adjust RSH, FSH, COG, back angle, etc.
    I really don`t like the way the seat is fixed to the frame, and i don`t like the frame, but not all of us have the same taste, so probably there are someone that would love the look of this chair, specially girls.
    This version is for a girl and have planty diamonds in the frame, wheel,casters, uphostery, etc. too much imo.

What i liked more of the chair was the folding sistem of sideguards and backrest, with a lock sistem.
    The transfer weight is ok and is light enough.
    The frame wasn`t perfect aligned, you can see it in a few pics, but that happen to much chairs, is not a really problem because once you are sit all comes to their site, but is a proof that is not a high quality wheelchair.

The rest of pics.

more pics

What's the benefit to having the seat attached on a separate frame piece like that? More dump adjustment or shock absorption?

I like the lines, mostly. There's just something off about it that I can't quite name. It looks... flimsy in parts. Are the sideguards as flexible as they look?

Thanks for the pics

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRing View Post
    What's the benefit to having the seat attached on a separate frame piece like that? More dump adjustment or shock absorption?

I like the lines, mostly. There's just something off about it that I can't quite name. It looks... flimsy in parts. Are the sideguards as flexible as they look?

Thanks for the pics
    Yes, you can adjust the dump and the center of gravity moving your seat behind or forward.

yes you can. BUT after some ruff riding those riv-nuts the hold that seat frame to the frame work their way loose. kinda looks like the new top end 7TA huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    yes you can. BUT after some ruff riding those riv-nuts the hold that seat frame to the frame work their way loose. kinda looks like the new top end 7TA huh?
    Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Coincidence? I think not.
    That folding backrest bracket is 100% Invacare. Looks just like the Top End bracket.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.