Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The 4-AP List

Betheny: Thank you for contributing to this topic, and congratulations on your recovery. I have to chuckle when I think that they actually paid you to participate in your own rehab program.

Dr. Young: I agree with you. The Cure forum has the most traffic, and I like the idea of a "sticky" topic that will keep it up at the top for two weeks.

Schmeky: I did e-mail a person who is doing his therapy at Dragon's Way, and I asked him if he or anyone else would share their results, good, bad, or indifferent. I am aware that Dimitry went to Russia for embryonic stem cell injections, and Bilby was part of another medical procedure in the United States that used fetal pig cells transplanted into the damaged area.

PN

OK, I have made this into a featured topic. Will take down in about a week.

Mike:

That took courage. Reaching for the star of our dreams always takes courage. Perhaps one day I'll have the courage to reach for my star and be rewarded with the beautiful things of my fondest dream. I hope.

*************!

James Kelly

Pep84

Is it possible at this point for someone to get NT-3 or is it still in the experimental stage? Sounds like a lot of people could benefit from this stuff.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Curtis, NT-3 must be given intrathecally or intraventricularly to get to the spinal cord. Wise.

So one must continue to Recieve Nt-3

for it to continue working? I would very much be interested in reducing my time to 15 minutes or so, that would be great. I would like to know how to get Nt-3?

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I had Dr. Kao's surgery in Ecuador on March 22nd of this year. It included decompression, untethering of the spinal cord, Schawnn cell transplant, peripheral nerve bridge, omentum transplant over the bridge and hyperbaric chamber treatments.

I am T12/L1 complete, 22 years post. AND guess what! I think, THINK I may be getting back some hip flexors. I've always had use of hip hikers and am not sure if my progress could be attributed to them. I am able to lay on my side and pull my leg forward against resistance - my husband thinks this must be hip flexors. Progress in the last couple of months is substantial (at least to me), but I still can't move the leg while laying on my back. I haven't been able to get in the pool or work my left leg at all for the last couple of month since I broke my leg (fortunately, it's almost healed.)

The exercise prescribed by Dr. Kao that works the hip flexor: Lay on your stomach on an exercise table with a strap attached to the ankle. The strap is attached to a pulley with free weights. You start with your leg way up in the air and pull it down to the table using whatever muscles will work - when I started, I was using mostly abdominals. My father build the table for me and the rest of the system cost less than $50. The pulleys are attached to the rafters in my garage. This would be a great exercise for people to try whether they had Dr. Kao's surgery or not.

I'll let you know if I make any further progress. Wish me luck!

Originally posted by James Kelly:

Mike:

That took courage. Reaching for the _star_ of our dreams always takes courage. _Perhaps_ one day I'll have the courage to reach for _my_ star and be rewarded with the _beautiful things_ of my fondest dream. I hope.

*************!

James Kelly
    *************!

Jan:

Thank you for sharing your improvements with us, and for the tips on resistance rehab!

Blu:

Thank you for...everything!

*************!!!

James Kelly

diagram

Jan:

Can you post or send me a diagram of Kao's leg machine. I would like to make one for my son (complete C4-5), who had Kao's surgery 12 months ago. He is slowly learning to stand and lock his knees.

JJG