Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The 4-AP List

Well, got the new script for 5 mg caps, but can't exchange the 10 mg caps for them. Am told the pharmacy owner may make the 10 mg caps into 5, but won't know til Monday. So I guess I'll wait. I can use 10 mgs later, after ramping, but prefer to just use 5 mg caps as recommended while finding out how much I need for my spasticity. Great news, though. May be expensive...;-)

Comad, left you a private message. -Jan

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    Yais, best of luck with 4-AP. If you ramp up slowly and don't have drug interactions, you shouldn't have seizures. Do please keep us updated. My dr still hasn't changed my script to 5 mg caps and I wish the 10,mg caps could be made into 5 mg caps. Maybe a chemist or chem student could do it? Very frustrating when I just want a safer way of taking 4-AP...
    FellowHawkeye, thank you for the advice, the doc I saw prescribed a month worth of Fampridyne, 10mg, he said to start with one daily in the morning for a week and see how that goes, if no side effects, then move to twice daily for a couple of months to see if there are any progress in sensation or movement. He was not very optimistic as he did not have much experience with SCI, mainly MS patients.

The drug is quite expensive here I thought, 600 USD for 56 pills or one month supply not covered by my health insurance and it is out of stock for now in the country, I have ordered a box to start with, will see. Will keep you posted on this thread.
    Alain

I would like to try AP. Is there any higher percentage of getting cancer with this drug?

You see, I'm taking immediate use 4-AP and it leaves your system in four hours or so. I wouldn't think that would trigger cancer in a healthy person. The expensive kind is sustained release 4-AP and will stay in your system much longer to better trigger cancer it seems to me. I didn't ramp up to 15 mg today, but will tomorrow. I walk unsupervised with walker during afternoon and didn't feel ready to take aft pill, which must be 5 hrs apart. The Compounder has dosage schedule I'm using. Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    You see, I'm taking immediate use 4-AP and it leaves your system in four hours or so. I wouldn't think that would trigger cancer in a healthy person. The expensive kind is sustained release 4-AP and will stay in your system much longer to better trigger cancer it seems to me. I didn't ramp up to 15 mg today, but will tomorrow. I walk unsupervised with walker during afternoon and didn't feel ready to take aft pill, which must be 5 hrs apart. The Compounder has dosage schedule I'm using. Hope that helps...

Thanks for the info. Makes sense. I didn't know about immediate 4-AP. The muscles you gain thru 4-ap do you keep any of the gains once the drug wears off?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I would like to try AP. Is there any higher percentage of getting cancer with this drug?
    Do you have any Link / Article showing this connection ?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    Do you have any Link / Article showing this connection ?
    No, I really haven't had time to dig into it right now.

I went to the physiatrist today, I had orthostatic hypotension, my blood pressure would drop from lying down to sitting or sitting to standing, it would drop more than 20 points, which caused me to get dizzy and prone to falling. That was prior to taking 4-ap, today it dropped around ten the doctor was very excited saying this was publishable, I guess they don't have much to combat it. I didn't get much return in muscular function, most of my return was sensation, so the improvement in orthostatic was very welcome.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

spastic muscles

4-AP won't give you muscles like a protein pill. When I used it a decade ago, it greatly improved my nerve conduction or the nerves' message to muscles and that's most likely because I was using my muscles. I doubt 4-AP will help a paralyzed person to walk. That's why people with MS respond better to it. I'm now as of today at 25 mg a day, but still got spasticity, although I stretch easier according to aides. I'm hoping I don't need more than 30 mg a day, but it seems rather likely...

This is really interesting, and a great finding. I hope others who have orthostatic hypotension with their SCI read your post. Thanks for sharing it.

Do you also feel less "dizzy", with fewer falls?

Great news, if so.