Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The 4-AP List

Well, it's been 10 days since I started, I'm at 40 mg per day, side effects seem to be going away, mostly nervousness I guess you could call it, nothing horrible, increased sensation on skin, a little uncomfortable, but not extreme. It's really difficult to differentiate any increases in gains, it seems that my wrists are more flexible, my hands open and close faster, but still no major decrease in spasticity. I think I feel a little stronger, my deltoids seem to be activating, I always feel like stretching them. I can lift my left arm straight up with no problem, my right arm is not as good.

It's not major changes so far, but any improvement is welcome, if I increase my muscle strength I may try Imights regimen of baclofen and 4-ap, normally I don't take those type of drugs, because they not only reduce my spasticity, but also reduce the strength of my good muscles, so I can't walk at all.
    Last edited by trekker6; 12-05-2014 at 12:00 PM.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

That's terrific news! Be patient, though. I tried 4-AP nine years ago, getting up to 35 mg a day after two weeks or more. I didn't start walking with a cane til the third week. My injury is C3/4 incomplete and chronic. I wish so much I could get a prescription for it now, but I got my 4-AP then from a compound pharmacy that took a prescription from their own doctor and the clinical trials resulted in my not being able to get a prescription. It's the only treatment that's even helped me too. My stiffness gets worse and worse and it's so frustrating. Maybe I'll have to move to a less conservative state...

So be patient. You're rushing the ramping process too. Of course you're probably a bigger person than me, a woman, and it may take longer for significant results. I hope your next update is even more exciting! -Jan Peregrine

Great! Thanks for the report trekker6 !
    Thanks to FellowHawkeye to sharing experience too!

I am still without solution how to get 4-AP to Canada. Lynnifer couldn't help, unfortunately.
    I can get prescription from my doctor for Fampridine and this is $ 600 per month which is out of reach for me.
    If anyone knows for reliable source of compound 4-AP that will ship to Canada
    or maybe to my cousin in Ohio...please, let me know!?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Why don't you go to a different doctor to try to get a prescription? A physiatrist, neurologist, primary care doctor... even your urologist if they are interest in neurogenic bladder might be willing. Doctors can still write prescriptions for 4-AP for SCI etc.. it is called using the drug "off label".

You can also tell your doctor that many people with SCI are starting to get approved to even use Ampyra, but it can be too expensive for some people. 4-AP is essentially a "generic" version of Ampyra.

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    Great! Thanks for the report trekker6 !
    Thanks to FellowHawkeye to sharing experience too!

I am still without solution how to get 4-AP to Canada. Lynnifer couldn't help, unfortunately.
    I can get prescription from my doctor for Fampridine and this is $ 600 per month which is out of reach for me.
    If anyone knows for reliable source of compound 4-AP that will ship to Canada
    or maybe to my cousin in Ohio...please, let me know!?
    I use skips pharmacy in south florida, which mails all over the US, someplace in these forums I saw that someone from Minnesota orders from them, it's about 56 dollars for a months supply of 40 mgs per day, half the price of the other compounders, they apparently do a lot of business, which is a positive and are very knowledgeable about its use, the pharmacist called me to discuss the use of 4-ap.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    That's terrific news! Be patient, though. I tried 4-AP nine years ago, getting up to 35 mg a day after two weeks or more. I didn't start walking with a cane til the third week. My injury is C3/4 incomplete and chronic. I wish so much I could get a prescription for it now, but I got my 4-AP then from a compound pharmacy that took a prescription from their own doctor and the clinical trials resulted in my not being able to get a prescription. It's the only treatment that's even helped me too. My stiffness gets worse and worse and it's so frustrating. Maybe I'll have to move to a less conservative state...

So be patient. You're rushing the ramping process too. Of course you're probably a bigger person than me, a woman, and it may take longer for significant results. I hope your next update is even more exciting! -Jan Peregrine
    I rushed a little, but didn't have bad side effects, so I continued. It took me over a year to find someone to prescribe it, it actually was my original physiatrist who prescribed it, I called neurologists, physiatrists, asked my doctors then finally went back to my physiatrist and he prescribed it. Originally I called his office and the girls there said he absolutely would not prescribe off label.

I'm a little disappointed, cause I thought I'd have more returns by now, I guess I have to be a little patient. I have enough that I will stay on it, just want more., but that's to be expected.

There is a new compounding pharmacy just outside of Chicago that will compound 4-AP. I don't think they have a set price yet.

http://www.customcarepharmacy.net/

They will also ship it out of state to many states.

Another place to get 4-AP is Triad Compounding Pharmacy in Cerritos, CA. Telephone number: 562 468-4311. They can only ship in 10 states, including California.

www.triadcompounding.com
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I was outside today, temps went from mid 40s to mid 60s, just wore a tshirt and shorts, I finally realized that usually I freeze up when I do that, can barely walk, arms curled to my chest, but not today, don't know if it's a fluke or not, I still have my spasticity or tone, but I was not stopped in my tracks. Hopefully it continues.

This is very interesting, trekker6. I was wondering if you had found success in getting 4-AP. Please keep posting. I'm really curious. Glad to hear about your experience of being outside today without freezing up...It has turned cold up here in N. ID, in fact colder and tougher than normal at first. My body hasn't liked it at all, freezing up badly in the evenings, and painful. This week is warmer with rain, and so I'm doing a little better. I much prefer 75 degrees and dry. Would love to find out if 4-AP would help me. Thanks.
    CCS/Walking Quad