Thread: Full strength: Weightlifting helps spinal-cord-injured man rebuild body, confidence

Full strength: Weightlifting helps spinal-cord-injured man rebuild body, confidence

Full strength: Weightlifting helps spinal-cord-injured man rebuild body, confidence
    By Brent Manley Special to The Commercial Appeal
    Memphis Commercial Appeal
    Posted March 7, 2011 at midnight

John Lee likes to brag about Paul Jones, one of his clients at the gym he operates in back of his home in East Memphis.

"Paul is the strongest bench presser I have," Lee says of the 27-year-old former college student who routinely hoists and pumps 70-pound dumbbells, one in each hand, during their regular workouts.

Paul Jones lifts weights in the home gym of personal trainer John Lee. Jones, who has been paralyzed below his chest for almost three years, says his work with Lee has improved his quality of life.

Lots of young men can lift weights, but few are like Jones, who has been paralyzed below the chest and able to move only his arms since October 2008.

Jones views his meeting with Lee last spring as a lifesaver, helping him gain strength and fitness and providing a routine that is challenging and fulfilling. He looks forward to each of the strenuous workouts Lee puts him through four times a week.

read...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...full-strength/

anyone have anymore info on this. I'd like to know what his workout routines are like. I'm interested in working out as well

@warchi81 - checkout the exercise and recovery forum. There are a few pro/semi-pro/amateur bodybuilders there.