Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tilite Solid Seat Pan

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I would not recommend the G10 seat pan as you can get a lighter weight and better quality Dragon Plate carbon fiber pan for less money. I have them on both my ZR and Halls chair (search for pics) and "Erick [RB]" posted nice pictures of the one he installed on his new ZR2.

Further, it's preferable IMO to mount the pan to the chair with Velcro than securing it with bolts. It's every bit as secure and obviously makes removing it a cinch.

I'm thinking this way too but I thought Dragon Plate carbon fiber pan should cost more than the G10, no? Btw the G10 cost $150 in Sportaid.

Am thinking of getting the no charge ZRA2 bolt-on seat and get a ADI or Dragon Plate carbon fiber seat just worry about the cost including shipping to my country.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfay26 View Post
    I'm thinking this way too but I thought Dragon Plate carbon fiber pan should cost more than the G10, no? Btw the G10 cost $150 in Sportaid.

Am thinking of getting the no charge ZRA2 bolt-on seat and get a ADI or Dragon Plate carbon fiber seat just worry about the cost including shipping to my country.
    My ZR was the first chair that didn't come with a bolt-on seat sling and I don't miss them. When the inevitable sling sag happens it's near impossible to tighten up -- it's certainly a pain in the ass. If I were you and wanted to preserve the option of having a nylon seat sling I would order the tension-by-straps sling, which at least doesn't require holes be drilled into the frame.

As for the price of the Dragon Plate pan, you'll have to check their website. If you're seat frame doesn't have any taper, then order a stock sheet and have it trimmed to the size you need.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    My ZR was the first chair that didn't come with a bolt-on seat sling and I don't miss them. When the inevitable sling sag happens it's near impossible to tighten up -- it's certainly a pain in the ass. If I were you and wanted to preserve the option of having a nylon seat sling I would order the tension-by-straps sling, which at least doesn't require holes be drilled into the frame.

As for the price of the Dragon Plate pan, you'll have to check their website. If you're seat frame doesn't have any taper, then order a stock sheet and have it trimmed to the size you need.

Since i wanted a solid seat pan, I want to choose bolt-on seat coz its no charge whereas have to pay extra $100 for tension by strap which i might not use at all.

Blog Entries
    Since i wanted a solid seat pan, I want to choose bolt-on seat coz its no charge whereas have to pay extra $100 for tension by strap which i might not use at all.
    You can also choose the Omit Seat Upholstery option if you want to have no holes in the frame.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    You can also choose the Omit Seat Upholstery option if you want to have no holes in the frame.

You was right, never thought of that. But the issue with a cheapskate like me wouldn't want to forgo the no-charge bolt-on seat just incase when anything unforeseen happen to solid seat pan or it is not suitable, I can change to sling seat anytime.kinda sucks huh !

You was right, never thought of that. But the issue with a cheapskate like me !

For cheapskate go for this playwood solid seat pan, couldn`t be cheaper after stick a CF sticker or painted and fixed with velcro and that's all you have to do for have a solid seat pan, and it have an advantage, you will need around .5" thinkness, so your frame could be around an ich lower than with a bolt on uphostery seat.
    Last edited by totoL1; 03-20-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    For cheapskate go for this playwood solid seat pan, couldn`t be cheaper after stick a CF sticker or painted and fixed with velcro and that's all you have to do for have a solid seat pan, and it have an advantage, you will need around .5" thinkness, so your frame could be around an ich lower than with a bolt on uphostery seat.

This is certainly for cheapskate. I have used a 5mm plywood for trial before and it certainly restore back my body posture significantly and less back pain but it was to hard to sit on even with cushion. Maybe need some flexibility like what you did with carbon strips.