Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got that Bug to move in me

Come rent my country abode in KS. Cute, cheap, and I need to be moving on my ownself. It's been a soft place to land but I'm over the Winter of Horror-Time to get on w/ whatever is left, you know?

Goodlluck. Scary stuff.

Middle of the country will be cheaper.

Betheny, where you headed?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    New Mexico, Nov.
    This is great to hear, Betheny! Land of Enchantment look out! A brainy chick is moving on in.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I'll wait until fall, I expect. Lots of ducks to line up, y'know?

get on out of there GL. Moving is not so easy, but it is always a fresh start.
    My shared apartment isn't the farm I always wanted, but it is safe, peaceful, and comfortable.

time to GTFO girly.

Are the ducks named Tom, Dick and Harry? Or are you needing a few renovations?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Try doing an internet search with these terms: "where to live." You'll find many websites with quizzes to take that allow you to express how important various criteria are to you. Once you have answered the questions, various locations are listed, usually with descriptions of the localities. This is an easy way to narrow your choices...saves time and gas.

You'll find questions like the following:

1. Which best describes you?
    ◊Young Professional
    ◊Married with Children
    ◊Empty Nester
    ◊Retired
    ◊None of the above

2. Select the regions of the country you prefer (climate/weather).
    ◊Northeast
    ◊Midwes
    ◊Southeast/Mid South
    ◊Southwest
    ◊Mountain
    ◊Pacific

3. Select the sizes of the city you would prefer.

4. How important is low cost of living?
    ◊Very important
    ◊Somewhat important
    ◊Not important at all

5. How important are housing costs to you?
    (Choices as in question 4)

6. How important is the cost and availability of healthcare?
    (Choices as in question 4)

There are a number of websites that rate and discuss cities, towns and communities. Some of these are: FindYourSpot.com, BestPlaces.net, Forbes.com, WhereToLiveNow.com, WhereToLive.com, Money.cnn.com,
    Moving.about.com, AllAboutCities, etc.

All the best,
    GJ

GL, You might want to consider the central spine of South Florida. Some cities like Sebring, Lehigh Acres and the such have lots of property and homes that are available within reason. You would be with 90 minutes of major metro hubs like Tampa and Miami where you could seen specialized spinal care if needed and plenty of healthcare options there in the local area as well. The temp stays above 70 most of the year as long as you are below the frost line and everything is basically flat. Most of the newer neighborhood have sidewalks and are somewhat handicap friendly.

I know I miss south florida terribly. I had to come back home to Mississippi because this is where my family was after my injury and a parent that refuses to leave even though it would be easier somewhere else.

I hope you find your ZEN place and only you will know when it clicks.