Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new Thai Restaurant opened up

Quote Originally Posted by Covathalis View Post
    I love Thai food. We make it all the time in my house. My specialty is Pad Thai
    [/B]
    4th to agree on Pad Thai. I didn't see it on her menu tho. That's what I get also!

I actually almost never order it anymore in a restaurant because I make it at home so much and haven't found any lately that's better then what I make (biased statement here obviously).

I love ordering other noodle dishes and stuff I see on other people's plates that looks good
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Go with friends, order a few dishes and share! It's a good way to sample and try out new dishes, with less commitment. Don't forget the spring rolls (very light and fresh).

I love Thai food. We make it all the time in my house. My specialty is Pad Thai
    Do you use a recipe that you don't mind sharing?

How about the next time I make it I'll take some pics and post it all up on the food forum.
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Go with friends, order a few dishes and share! It's a good way to sample and try out new dishes, with less commitment. Don't forget the spring rolls (very light and fresh).
    Excellent advice...always more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Do you use a recipe that you don't mind sharing?
    I had a feeling this would get your attention. If we lived closer I would have you come over and give me some cooking lessons.
    Too bad I don't have that bouncey guy energy.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I had a feeling this would get your attention.
    Who do you mean?

Who do you mean?
    I was replying to Scaper1, but would be great if you posted yours too.

Ongoing GI issues have limited my eating of thai lately but among my favorite dishes when we either go out to eat or get delivery is Gai Pad Met Mamuang (chicken with cashews) and Som Tam ( a spicy salad made of papayas, Bean sprouts, and tomatoes). Green curry is very good too.

Subject for a different thread but have you ever tried Vietnamese food Mona? If you like thai you might want to give that a try. Different dishes but many of the same ingredients.