Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: topolino

  1. #1
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,167

    topolino

    has anyone tried these wheels? wonder if they're any good?

  2. #2
    Senior Member wheeliecoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    East Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,600
    2 of my basketball teammates have them on their everyday chairs...and they have held up really well. They are really lightweight and strong. They are so strong that they can hold up to the demands of a basketball tournament (one of my teammates had spokes missing out of his basketball wheels so he used these...no real issues). From what I have seen...definitely worth it (just wish I had money to get a pair).
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    2 of my basketball teammates have them on their everyday chairs...and they have held up really well. They are really lightweight and strong. They are so strong that they can hold up to the demands of a basketball tournament (one of my teammates had spokes missing out of his basketball wheels so he used these...no real issues). From what I have seen...definitely worth it (just wish I had money to get a pair).
    Sportaid is currently offering a 10% off promotional discount on wheels and tires.



    Hi Guys!! Use coupon code fb307 for an extra 10% discount on wheels, tires, tubes, etc. Good for 1 week, and don't forget to log in to use coupon codes.

    Wheelchair Wheels, Tires, Tubes and Parts on Sale
    www.sportaid.comFind Wheelchair Wheels, Tires, Tubes and Parts on sale at everyday LOW prices at Sportaid.com. FREE shipping on most Wheels, Tires, Tubes & Parts orders over .00.



    March 7 at 11:57am Ā·

  4. #4
    I have thought about buying a pair but I like the low spoke count of the spinergy's I have. I wish they would make a 12 spoke version.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I have thought about buying a pair but I like the low spoke count of the spinergy's I have. I wish they would make a 12 spoke version.
    That is going to be difficult, the only wheels with 12 spokes that i know are LX or Dinos, mtb Crank Brothers too, but you will have to modify them for the wheelchair.
    So as you can see you don`t have much where to choice.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    That is going to be difficult, the only wheels with 12 spokes that i know are LX or Dinos, mtb Crank Brothers too, but you will have to modify them for the wheelchair.
    So as you can see you don`t have much where to choice.
    I asked this before and I think it was Stephen that said he preferred the dinos. Toto, if you had to choose between spinergy LX wheels and the 12 spoke dinos which would you choose?

  7. #7
    Senior Member jschism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Posts
    2,167
    before i started this thread, i had actually ordered a pair of the topolino with the sportaid discount this week with some speedruns and short tab push rim. i also got some unitine/softroll for my ZR, i'm getting tired of pulling hair out all the time, hopefully it will be easier with the unitine. my ti softrolls are coming apart and i can buy the FL fork and caster cheaper than a ti replacement and time spent taking the wheel apart(sure that's an easy job)to put new rubber on ti hub. plus i'd be screwed if i tore into it and had a problem where it wouldn't/couldn't go back together.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    227
    I ordered them as well.

    I bought a TR at the same times, so I got the STD wheels on it, those will be my winter set and the Topolinos my summer tires.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I asked this before and I think it was Stephen that said he preferred the dinos. Toto, if you had to choose between spinergy LX wheels and the 12 spoke dinos which would you choose?

    I don`t really know, i never have seen and try a dinos, so i can`t speak about them.
    I have had LX for 3 or 4 years without any problems, they are not the most rigidity wheel, but they work very well for a daily chair and they are very light.
    Dinos are a very little heavier, but that is not important, they use 7075 aluminium spokes( the aluminium with most strenght) but i don`t know if they make noises in turns, the quality of the spoke`s anodized, quality of pushirms, rigidity, etc.
    But they look good.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I don`t really know, i never have seen and try a dinos, so i can`t speak about them.
    I have had LX for 3 or 4 years without any problems, they are not the most rigidity wheel, but they work very well for a daily chair and they are very light.
    Dinos are a very little heavier, but that is not important, they use 7075 aluminium spokes( the aluminium with most strenght) but i don`t know if they make noises in turns, the quality of the spoke`s anodized, quality of pushirms, rigidity, etc.
    But they look good.
    Thanks man, I wish I had the skills to mod mountain bike rims like you do, but sadly my skills are all computer related.

Similar Threads

  1. New Ultralight Wheelchair Wheel from Topolino
    By Topolino Joe in forum Equipment
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •