Thread: Oxum (Microcyn)

Oxum (Microcyn)

I have a few questions.

1. Is Oxum (super oxidized solution with patented MicrocynÒ technology) available in the gel form in India? If so, can it be used as a lubricant for cathing?

2. I have arthritis like stiffness and pain in my fingers, every morning and after naps. But no external wound or anything. Can Microcyn be used in anyway to help me get out of this problem.

I don't see how Microcyn can help with joing stiffness, it is to help prevent infections.
    Do you have any splints or anything?Try an nonsteroidal antiinflammatory med such as Ibuprofen or Naproxen.
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by new.name View Post
    I have a few questions.

1. Is Oxum (super oxidized solution with patented MicrocynÒ technology) available in the gel form in India? If so, can it be used as a lubricant for cathing?

2. I have arthritis like stiffness and pain in my fingers, every morning and after naps. But no external wound or anything. Can Microcyn be used in anyway to help me get out of this problem.
    I do not know if the gel form is available in India. You need to contact the company, Oculus Innovative Sciences, and ask. There are those using the gel as a catheter lubricant, and it works very well in that capacity.

Arthritis is an inflammatory condition, so theoretically Microcyn could reduce that inflammation, because it has distinct anti-inflammatory properties. But getting the Microcyn soaked into those joints would be difficult. I have used it to reduce inflammation with a bad case of gout my husband had. I wrapped his foot in thick gauze, soaked the gauze with Microcyn, covered it lightly with perforated plastic, and kept it soaking during the day, wetting the gauze whenever it seemed to be drying out. After 24 hours, there was distinct reduction in the inflammation, so I continued this treatment for several days--but it took a lot of Microcyn to do this, and it was expensive.

Thank you SCI-Nurse, Leila.

it is to help prevent infections
    Nurse CWO--If you are interested, there has been much research done on the anti-inflammatory properties of Microcyn. I can't seem to get this short video in stand-alone format, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, the one by Dr. Claudia Gonzalez Espinosa, Center for Advanced Research Studies, explains the mechanism of action:

http://www.oculusis.com/mexico/mp/video.php

Trust me I am dying to use Microcyn on a patient of have one that uses it but I just don't. So I am honest in my replies but there are many experts on the website. Let us know if it helps!!

CWO