Thread: Blender

Blender

Anyone have a recommendation for a new blender - mine is an underpowered antique - I want something that will grate carrots for morning glory muffins and generally pulverize stuff for a variety of healthy smoothies.

Thanks

I got a vita mix (emulsifier) over the holidays and am very happy with it. The company has been in existence for over 80 years, in this country. It has a 2hp motor and is basically indestructible. It is pricey, but an investment. It will do everything you want and more. Highly recommend.

Yeah - that is the dream machine. Comes in number one on Consumer Reports list.
    Very pricey.
    Thanks

Sounds like a food processor might also be an option for the use you describe. My ancient Cuisinart has performed well for decades. It was made in Japan, but I don't know if that is where they are made today. I think the basic design is unchanged. This machine does a very nice, quick job of grating carrots.

ETA, just re-read and realized you are trying to liquefy stuff.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 03-10-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Garvey,

Just to let you know the Vita mix is available on QVC website for $399.00. When they are having presentations about it, they offer it in interest free monthly payments. Usually 4 or 5 and s&h is generally free. Just thought I would offer this information if it makes any difference.

I've seen the Vitamix 5200 Ultimate package demonstrated at Costco during a roadshow. It is pricey (about $650), but there are a lot of extras that you may not want or need.
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

By contrast, a Cuisinart at Costco is about $170.00. I use mine for just about anything a blender can do and more.
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

NL (GJ's wife)

I just got a new cuisanart it has several different blades, from shredding, dicing, slicing. I gave my black and decker to my daughter, my new one is awesome and under $200. at Macy's on line free shipping. It will do anything the fancy one's will do. Good luck in your purchase.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

I just bought a Vitamix on eBay for a friend, for $287 new. It wasn't the super fancy model, but it it has all the basic features. Like Mary said, it's a very worthwhile investment as it will encourage you to eat better and will last forever. We've had one for 20 years and use it 3-5 times per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    I just bought a Vitamix on eBay for a friend, for $287 new. It wasn't the super fancy model, but it it has all the basic features. Like Mary said, it's a very worthwhile investment as it will encourage you to eat better and will last forever. We've had one for 20 years and use it 3-5 times per day.
    Great price on a Vitamix Scaper! Very nice gift as well. I can't think of a better gift to give someone. I got my mom to get one as well, she loves it. I wanted her to juice and make protein shakes.

yup, for liquifying stuff the best options are Vitamix or BlendTec, both $$$.