Thread: Using a Ti

Using a Ti

I called Tilite, and asked if there was a way I could demo a chair before I bought one. Turns out that they said yes, and sent a rep over with a Ti ZR Series 2, that fit my dimensions—they delivered it.

I wanted to mention this for all of you thinking of buying a chair—use it first!

They’ve let me keep it for weeks now. It’s goldish silver with Schwalbe wheels/tires, red spokes, and casters that light up! (You know the ones) At first I didn’t like the disco wheels, then so many peep loved them, total strangers coming up to me so their kids could see close up, that I may get those after all. They look cool going down my long hall at nite, and even helps me see. .

I don't know, but probably most companies wouldn't let you demo a chair for close to a month. Ti kicks

My cats love them too.

PS: I really can't feel a huge diff b/t this chair and my 10 year old Quickie, mostly because I can't feel. (haha), BUT, the weight of lifting, going out is way better, and the backrest I can't really report on, because it has a Jay, and, well it's a Jay,

Also the velcro underseat tension straps are a great thing. I get 14 inch seats, width, to get into places others never could in wheelchairs, so it's actually a child's chair.

Hope you all are doing well.

I too was able to get a demo from a TiLite rep. before I ordered and agree it is a great service that TiLite provides.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Daraby View Post

They’ve let me keep it for weeks now. It’s goldish silver with Schwalbe wheels/tires, red spokes, and casters that light up! (You know the ones) At first I didn’t like the disco wheels, then so many peep loved them, total strangers coming up to me so their kids could see close up, that I may get those after all. They look cool going down my long hall at nite, and even helps me see. .

Also the velcro underseat tension straps are a great thing. I get 14 inch seats, width, to get into places others never could in wheelchairs, so it's actually a child's chair.

Hope you all are doing well.

Funny story about those lighted wheels. When I was in rehab I was demoing a chair with those. My wife brought my kid and Fry my dog to visit and Fry saw those wheels light up and started trying to bite them. It was a fun game till Fry almost knocked me off the chair trying to get at the wheels. Needless to say I don't have disco wheels on my current chair.

After you get over the circus light novelty you're left with hard roller blade-style casters, which deliver a much rougher ride than a set of soft rolls.

Does anyone have any video of those wheels they sound neat but I can't picture them.
    Thanks
    Oli

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I too was able to get a demo from a TiLite rep. before I ordered and agree it is a great service that TiLite provides.
    So how did you reach the TiLite rep? I got a demo of 14 days only because I was not available for the DME company to get the chair from. I got an email telling me it was "preventing others" from trying the chair.

I have had 2+ wheelchair clinics and the TiLite rep has never been there. Invacare rep has been there each time however. Left me wondering if TiLite was not interested in selling the chair. All my feedback has been from folks here as well the DME provider.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I love my TiLite chair. It has gotten me through some tight places.

My ZRc had 4" light ups and I endo'c 2 times over relatively minor surface discrepancies in the first 2 months I had my chair. Switching to Frog Legs Soft Roll casters made a huge difference. In any case, I'd suggest using them outside to see if they have a tendnecy to plant over 1/4" sidewalk cracks or whether your feet tend to vibrate off the footplate.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    So how did you reach the TiLite rep? I got a demo of 14 days only because I was not available for the DME company to get the chair from. I got an email telling me it was "preventing others" from trying the chair.

I have had 2+ wheelchair clinics and the TiLite rep has never been there. Invacare rep has been there each time however. Left me wondering if TiLite was not interested in selling the chair. All my feedback has been from folks here as well the DME provider.
    I contacted TiLite and they gave me the name and contact of the person in my area, in which I contacted them.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982