Thread: Standing Frame Fit!

Standing Frame Fit!

I just received my standing frame (purchased off eBay), and I want to make sure I've got it adjusted to fit me properly. Is there a guide I could read, or can anyone provide some advice? The PT I'm seeing right now doesn't have a lot of experience with them, and we're working on so many other things I'd hate to waste a precious visit on something I can do on my own.

I think the kneepads may be hitting me too high, my kneecap is right in the middle (and it hurts). I think I need to raise the feet up some. I know I also need to push the chest pad back more so it forces me to be a little more upright. Currently my knees are bent a few degrees.

I appreciate any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    I just received my standing frame (purchased off eBay), and I want to make sure I've got it adjusted to fit me properly. Is there a guide I could read, or can anyone provide some advice? The PT I'm seeing right now doesn't have a lot of experience with them, and we're working on so many other things I'd hate to waste a precious visit on something I can do on my own.

I think the kneepads may be hitting me too high, my kneecap is right in the middle (and it hurts). I think I need to raise the feet up some. I know I also need to push the chest pad back more so it forces me to be a little more upright. Currently my knees are bent a few degrees.

I appreciate any advice!
    What kind of my standing frame (model/brand)?

WG

It's an Easy Stand 5000 (the last model, prior to the Evolv). Just the basic model, no glider or mobile.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    It's an Easy Stand 5000 (the last model, prior to the Evolv). Just the basic model, no glider or mobile.
    the knee pads should be just below your kneecap, sounds like you need pads closer to the seat, that will fix yourr knees being bent, but make sure you change the height first, yes it hurts when they are on kneecaps. i leave my chest pad all the way forward and that forces me to try and use what little back muscle i got left to stand straight, when i get tired i use my arms to stay straight. i also have no back on mine, but i'm a t-10/11
    Last edited by jschism; 03-10-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: add

They have a Quick Fit Guide for the Evolv, but I can't find one for the Easystand 5000. I don'y know if the one for the Evolv applies to the 5000. You could try contacting Easystand and see if they can point you in the direction of one for the 5000.

Hope That Helps!

WG

thanks guys. We moved the knee pads back a bunch, and it's helping a lot! So the top of the pad is really supposed to be just below the kneecap?

I took the pads off and added a block of wood between the pad and bracket the pads attach to. I needed to get longer bolts to accomadate the wood thickness. It pushed my knees back so the legs are straighter when standing. It doesn't take much maybe a 3/4" block.

Yes just below the kneecap. They should have an owners manual pdf on their website for adjusting. The evolv man. should work for the 5000 also.

Good choice on the standing frame, they are well worth it.

I use rubber cords with mine when standing. Even secured some hooks above the stander to do overhead stretches while standing. I use the frame to wrap them around at various heights when sitting in my chair for arm and shoulder exercizes.

You can find photo on how to adjust the 5000 at the bottom of this page on our website http://www.easystand.com/5000/index.cfm Also in the menu at the right hand side there is a 5000 video (that shows some adjustment) and owner's manual that you can download. Hope that this information helps you out! If not feel free to call our customer service at 800-342-8968.