Thread: How to find articles from the archives of spinal cord medicine?

How to find articles from the archives of spinal cord medicine?

Hi there

I'm a physician with interest in SCI. I'm looking for a old article from Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine from 2002 with the title
    Marjolin's ulcer in patients with spinal cord injury, J Spinal Cord Med. 2002 Fall;25(3):191-6

The abstract is available at PubMed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12214906) but i cannot find the full-text article for download or purchase anywhere. Only the full-text articles from newer versions of JSCM is avaiable at PubMed Central. So please, of anyone has this article and can send it to me in some way, i would be very appreciative.

Thank you very much!

/dfd

dfd

It looks like the only way to get older copies is from a University library. They were supposed to be digitizing the older versions, but with the change to a new publisher I am not sure if that is going to happen.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

You need to do a google search for the paper. If you have a university affiliation, you sometimes download it through the library. It is available for purchase.

http://pubget.com/paper/12214906

You need to do a google search for the paper. If you have a university affiliation, you sometimes download it through the library. It is available for purchase. Unfortunately, I am away from my university right now and can't download through the internet connections that I have.

http://pubget.com/paper/12214906

Snowman and Dr. Young: Thanks for your quick replys. The library of the university that i am affiliated says that they are not able to get this document in any way. In the link provided by Dr. Young - PubGet state that you can purchase the document, but if you click on "Buy pdf", an error message occurs, saying: "We have not located this PDF online yet. Please check back soon.". Since the homepage of JSCM does not have a archive, my hope is that maybe someone on this board is a longtime subscriber to JSCM and maybe has the article?

/dfd

What about contacting the Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine directly and asking them if you can buy a "reprint" of the article.

All the best,
    GJ

dfd

The university that I have access through has all issues EXCEPT 2002 no. 2,3,and 4... weird. The one you want is from no.3 correct?

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Snowman: Yes - the article i'm looking for is from no 3, 2002. It seems to be a issue that is not easy to get acces to :-).

Google scholar is a good tool too.
    This signature left intentionally blank.

Tried LoansomeDoc? Basically a national interlibrary loan system, use the "send to" drop-down in the upper right of the NCBI abstract listing... my local library doesn't have it either..