Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get my tweak on

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    good thought about the spacers! Here's a link to give you some ideas -
    http://estore.tilite.com/ecommerce/P...-08/2-19.3.pdf
    Perfect! Like they knew I'd have this problem. heh. There's an amazing hardware store here- old and tiny but with the most amazing bolt/screw/nut/spacer collection known to man. They've been open since the 20's or something like that. The kind of place that has an old weathered notice that says, 'We repair ANYTHING'. Darn, looks like I'll have to make a trip down there. Might need to stay a while too and check out all the tools. I mean it'd be rude to just run in for a spacer, right?

Adjusted the backrest angle and the upholstery. It's much more comfy now. Here's a pic:

I do have one more question- are my feet supposed to stay on that little footrest or is it ok to have them on the outside? Is the footrest just for convenience or is it placed with a medical suggestion in mind? I sit/stand/walk on the sides of my feet and I've noticed they roll a lot while in my chair too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRing View Post

I do have one more question- are my feet supposed to stay on that little footrest or is it ok to have them on the outside?
    Your feet supposed to stay like you are more confy.
    Mines are like this, in my new chair are a little behind.
    I notice you`ve got your center of gravity behind, try to put it forward, will be easy to push.
    Last edited by totoL1; 03-14-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Your feet supposed to stay like you are more confy.
    Mines are like this, in my new chair are a little behind.
    I notice you`ve got your center of gravity behind, try to put it forward, will be easy to push.
    Thank you, totol1. I will move the COG tonight- see how I roll then. I'm excited to go for a walk tonight and try out the new configuration of my chair! I wonder how much further I can go now.

Seeing your feet helped too- now I understand why everyone says to push the footrest higher. Going to buy the spacers this week, hopefully. Thank you!

Changed the COG- it's awesome! I did my first forward, backward and 360deg wheelie! I got it on tape so I can send it to my Mom. She's going to love it

Thank you all so much for helping me. It means so much to me. I don't know how injured I would have been if you hadn't helped me fit my chair better. Very grateful for the community here.

Here's a pic of me with the new COG- I went from 3" to 3.5" and I don't want to go further- it's easy to tip if I lean back and stop suddenly right now (going backwards in movement).

Also- first pic of a true wheelie! (shot of video for my Mom)

Well, I think that is awesome!

I still am awaiting parts so I have no tweaking to report yet. Hoped they would be in the mail today but nope...

Can't wait to be done and find out just how much easier it will be to push...