Thread: Blue Microphone's Yeti USB mic + Dragon

Blue Microphone's Yeti USB mic + Dragon

I picked up a copy of Dragon Dictate to help with some lengthy grad school papers. I don't use dictation exclusively, but it sure works faster than typing with quad paws (I only type with my thumb). Anyway, headsets annoy me and I figured I'd share a microphone that I found to work spectacularly as a "wireless" option that can just sit on your desk and be used when needed, without having to take it on/off and/or adjust it. I've been using Blue Microphone's Yeti USB microphone for some time now... it works great, though it runs about $100.

link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B002VA464S

FWIW, I'm currently using Dragon Dictate 2.0.3 on Mac OSX 10.6.6, running on a MacBook Pro w/ 4gb of RAM.
    Last edited by -scott-; 03-08-2011 at 04:17 PM.

I thought I would throw this Logitech USB Desktop Microphone into the mix, because of the Amazon customer reviews. It can be used with Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and I would think Dragon Dictate. The price is $19.54.

Dictated using Dragon Dictate 2.0.3
    Intel IMac Core 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM
    Mac OSX 10.6.6

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

^^That's the one I use when I'm in bed, sits right up against my pillow so it's right by my head. Works awesome, I use the Q1U USB in my office
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Admittedly the Yeti may be overkill for dictation, but it's insanely clear, can isolate sound directionally, has a manual mute button on the front, and I use it for other stuff too.