Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair pics

Tooley what is that hammock type thing under your chair? The backpack is pretty inefficient for a quad.

SirGCal i see you have anti tips at the back,have you tried to wheely with them and leave all your wait on it?

Thabo had a look at the site some weird looking chairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan View Post
    SirGCal i see you have anti tips at the back,have you tried to wheely with them and leave all your wait on it?
    All of my weight on the anti-tippers? Yup.. All 300lbs of my fat backside... However I do not usually have the anti-tippers (or handles or armrests) on the chair. Only for long 'outings'. Most of the time it's setup more of a 'naked' look. Frame, wheels, cushion and bag. That's it (like the first few pictures).

How-ever, I have tested everything and this chair build with the HD option is rated for 400 lbs. The anti-tippers have held me in the reclined position during a short movie at the museum (I was showing off) with no fear of tipping over. Actually, I'd keep the tippers on if they allowed for just a bit more elevation before contact with the floor. Someday I'll modify them but with my 25" wheels it's all they are going to do. I wheelie around constantly to get through doors, spin around quicker, etc. So far (knock-on-wood) I haven't flipped over backwards... But it's only a matter of time I'm sure, without the anti-tippers on...

The arms come off and put on just as easy. The handles have one bolt to take them off or put them on. But I only use them when we're going somewhere with a very long way to walk so I have the option of being pushed. But I often have people push me up a hill or something simply by pushing on my shoulders too (It's kinda-nice, a shoulder message plus help up the hill at the same time).

That might be a lot more information then you asked for but simply put; yes. The anti-tippers hold me, bouncing even, and all 300lbs of me with no problem. Never once giving me any doubt they would hold.

lol sounds like you having fun......i have done the flip thing last week due to a spasm.only have one anti tipper in that failed for some reason.Also like to go at speeds and ramp hoping the anti tipper will be my help if needed but since the fall im not trusting it anymore so might wanna go for 2 anti tippers....

Quote Originally Posted by ben. View Post
    Tooley what is that hammock type thing under your chair? The backpack is pretty inefficient for a quad.
    it's called a catch-all, and it really does. One day I was whipping down a larger hill and had my cell between my legs (bad habit), when I got to the bottom of the hill it wasn't there anymore. Thinking I'd have to climb the hill to find it, I decided to look in the catch-all and there it was! With my new cushion I just put my phone in that pocket now...

I use Ti-Lite's because it is netted and lets debris fall through it.. there are many other brands. I've found this one incredible strong, has carried a 20lb kettle weight no problem.

I hate backpacks because they're hard to get into, someone could thief it easy, and most importantly throws off my center-of-gravity (I prefer to use a tippy chair)

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    Here are a few of my new TiLite ZRA I bought it used and it is around 6+ months old I think. I stripped off everything that wasn't necessary so it would be as light as possible because I have super wimpy arms.

I have a zillion adjustments to make on it today but here it is....
    Nice crib!
    Standing up for our rights, one offender at a time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH59mpTo5x8

Follow me on instagram: mikeinbmore

Ti ZR2 Series.. Dino rear wheels , Surelock wheel lock system , Frog legs Unitines forks.

Top End Titanium Crossfire
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."