Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever think about suicide?

Our minds are basically chatter boxes—they never stop, even in sleep.

There is a means to turn it off, via meditation. (There are tons of meditation techniques on the net).

Imagine being lost in the open sea, swimming, treading water constantly to stay above the waves. (The endless waves are your mind, tossing past memories and future worries at you constantly.) How nice it would be to just have a boat that you could hold onto, just for a few hours a day. Imagine the relief!

This is meditation, and it’s not something you do, it’s something that is done to you. There is bliss there when one connects with the Source, a Source that knows these bodies are temps, like the rise and fall of the flowers in spring.

Then you may wish to climb into the boat, and live in such a state.

I would not go back in time and change my decission which caused my accident/paralysis, because I would not be the person I am today-- this took years to learn, and I so wish I had learned it sooner.

I can help in your learning. All you need do is ask. I am only on CureCare now and then, but you may leave a message.

Much Love to you, Daraby
    Last edited by Daraby; 03-10-2011 at 04:31 AM. Reason: to clarify, add text

Quote Originally Posted by JEAPOW View Post
    Hi Kim, sorry you are dealing with so much. You mentioned God's healing that you believe in that, remember the strength in prayer, there are alot on here that will keep you in there prayers.
    Glad you have found this website and I hope by talking to many of us you can get some ideas as to what can help you get thru this.
    Don't give up, it must be harder for you if you feel your family does not understand, do you have a minister, a priest, or anyone to can talk private with to help you?
    Keeping you in my prayers.

Thank you.
    Yes, my church members always share with me God's word to encourage me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraby View Post
    Our minds are basically chatter boxes—they never stop, even in sleep.

There is a means to turn it off, via meditation. (There are tons of meditation techniques on the net).

Imagine being lost in the open sea, swimming, treading water constantly to stay above the waves. (The endless waves are your mind, tossing past memories and future worries at you constantly.) How nice it would be to just have a boat that you could hold onto, just for a few hours a day. Imagine the relief!

This is meditation, and it’s not something you do, it’s something that is done to you. There is bliss there when one connects with the Source, a Source that knows these bodies are temps, like the rise and fall of the flowers in spring.

I can help in your learning. All you need do is ask.

Much Love to you, Daraby
    By doing this, the problem is still there,
    will it like self deception?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel Travel View Post
    Kim, hang in there. I have had suicidal thoughts off & on. I have never acted on them, but sometimes I feel I don't have the strength to continue. It would devastate my family and friends. I am not religious, but I do believe there is a higher power. The main thing is to keep busy. It sounds like you may not have the means for continuing your education, but there are some free classes. Also, reading can transport you to other places.

Try and take care of yourself the best you can. You are in my thoughts and prayers, also.
    Actually I had tried before to go back to university.
    One university offers me a full scholarship but unfortunately due to many reasons and excuse, finally they advice me not to come for study.

from Daraby

The problem is lessened, because the mind controls our emotions. “The mind can make a hell of a heaven or a heaven out of hell.”

Emotions: happiness, hopefulness, they are all strengthened by meditation.

I once shunned such. Then, it happened, and I found a silent, purely blissfilled space that I could go to anytime, anywhere—without weird sitting positions et cetra.

There is no deception, the bliss is real.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories View Post
    Any kind of education you could get right now would be a help. Anything. It's not like you don't have the time Kim. Maybe you could check about taking classes on line. I tell my own children, the more education you can get....the better. You never know what doors might open with more. At the very least, it would give you something to do. Maybe you could do some research on furthering your education.
    I agree with that. I had do some research too but I got nothing.
    And the fees is not cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraby View Post
    The problem is lessened, because the mind controls our emotions. “The mind can make a hell of a heaven or a heaven out of hell.”

Emotions: happiness, hopefulness, they are all strengthened by meditation.

I once shunned such. Then, it happened, and I found a silent, purely blissfilled space that I could go to anytime, anywhere—without weird sitting positions et cetra.

There is no deception, the bliss is real.
    It's Yoga?
    I tried a Chinese mediation called "Qi-Gong" before but the result was upset.

Actually the main problem I care is my hygiene.
    My maid who take care of me 2 years will go back on 12 March.
    Without him, no one take bath for me and transfer me to wheelchair.
    My mum and dad need to work from 4.30am to 3.30pm. In this time, my 80+ grandma feed me and help me empty my urine bag, I feel sorry to her.

My own meditation began as Shakti-pat, like Kundalini yoga, and it's the original meditation of ancient masters. (don't worry about postures) Meditation occurs effortlessly on its own, no matter position, and being in a wheelchair you're already sitting (like tappas meditation). This is so easy, no books to read, it's tapping into the evolutionary force to awaken naturally and spontneously a birthright gift of happiness and hopefullness (despite how bad thing seem!).

Most people think they are awake, but are really lost, following one another in lost circles. But you have the oppertunity to break away from them, think of it that way.

Love and blessings, and if you are interested and have itunes, click on "Radio" in the top left; from there (and don't worry, this isn't religious) click on "Religion/spirituality"--- or now I think they've just labled it religon, and from there it will tak you to a list: Click on Enlightenment Radio. Steven Sadleir is an amazing being, and can help you and everyone sooo much. He runs the Self-Awareness Institute.

I hope you will listen to him, and I can offer you many books that will read out loud for you.

Peace of mind to you, d

Quote Originally Posted by Imight View Post
    I agree school is a great option, you'll also have more money and as someone stated money makes the world go round. You can also help relieve your family.

Until then, a hobby will keep your thoughts in check. perhaps learning a new language or continuing with english? there's rosetta stone program you can install on your computer. anything that could also help entertain you, keep you busy and elevate your self esteem. I found playing pool to be very helpful for me as that was something I could still do and it was like my meditation. Perhaps something you used to love to do, you can aim to achieve again? Keeping the mind occupied and setting goals are what helped me during moments of suicidal thoughts.
    Any free resources from Rosetta Stone?