Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does size really matter?

Does size really matter?

Does size matter

pneumatic wheels w/black push rims
    24inch rear wheels and 5inch caster pushin ratio.... is like im not moving ...is there a plus side..

Any help, what r u pushin ?

For those who r thinkin sexually, hope i didn't cuz any spasms haha...
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

currently pushing a 25" rear, 5" front combo.

yes it matters... you probably need to try different sizes to understand.*

*that's what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    currently pushing a 25" rear, 5" front combo.

yes it matters... you probably need to try different sizes to understand.*

*that's what she said.
    Thanks Man , where she at lol. u betta find her ;=]
    coolbreeze c6/7

already did.

back on-topic, in a nutshell:

larger rear wheels require a little extra force to turn, but are more efficient (roll further per rotation) than smaller rear wheels.

larger casters will roll over bigger bumps, at the cost of a little bit of increased weight up front.

the opposites apply to both.

I had 24's and felt like I had to do nothing but push, push, push all the time. There was never any coasting. Switched to 26's (I'm 5'9") and four inch casters and am much happier. Plus, I got rid of the solid rear mag wheels and went to spoked air tires.

When I'm outside I wish I had the five inch casters back on, but inside I am happy with the smaller footprint.

I've only ever had 24" rear wheels.
    5" front casters are great for outside, but they're a unwieldy indoors. 3" casters are great indoors but get stuck too easily outdoors. 4" is a pretty good compromise.

I have used 26" wheels since the start and now if I use 24" I just feel like I need so many pushes to get anywhere - I am 5' 11" with long arms. I also use 4" casters and they are a good all-round caster (no pun intended) that does everything pretty well without being too specialized for one particular situation

What type of tire are you using and what poundage. The 1 3/8" wide low pressure tire will not roll a good as a high pressure 1" Scwalbe Right Run or equivalent. I feel like I'm dragging with a wider tire. Plus side of a wider tire is for going thru softer surfaces.

Are you keeping your tires inflated to the right pressure, when was the last time you cleaned the junk from your front axles. That'll slow you up bigtime. If you have adjustable front caster housings, are they at 90o?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    What type of tire are you using and what poundage. The 1 3/8" wide low pressure tire will not roll a good as a high pressure 1" Scwalbe Right Run or equivalent. I feel like I'm dragging with a wider tire. Plus side of a wider tire is for going thru softer surfaces.

Are you keeping your tires inflated to the right pressure, when was the last time you cleaned the junk from your front axles. That'll slow you up bigtime. If you have adjustable front caster housings, are they at 90o?
    Never clean them...
    coolbreeze c6/7

I have now 25" rear wheels and i prefer them than 24", something really important too like Patrick said is have the correct tyre pressure, and the resistence rolling of the tyres, thinner tyres give less resistence, i`m using a 3/4" tyre.