Thread: The Perfect Chair, Come Inside

The Perfect Chair, Come Inside

I haven't been on this site to much but like all the feedback that is given. I have been in a chair since 1985 and burned though a ton of chairs. After reading many of the posts in the equipment section it seems that no company has come close to making the perfect chair. Even when someone says they like their chair, or love it, they almost always have something bad to say about something on the chair.

So, I am wondering what it is you like most and least about your chair? If you want to say what kind, great, if not no big deal. I would also like to know what you would like to see improved the most?

I am currently using the Top End Crossfire. I like the chair overall but the back angle adjustment is crazy. It is WAY more complex then it is needed to be. I don't know about others but I rarely change the back angle on my chair. One thing I really do like about the chair is doesn't make a lot of noise. Some of my other chairs have squeaked or been noisy including a Tilite and a Quickie.

The one consistent thing I have hated about all my chairs is the bolts they use to put them together. Why can't the companies use a galvanized or stainless steel bolt or some other bolt that won't rust and break. I nearly killed myself in a chair I had when the seat-back bolts rusted and broke on me. I was going down a smaller sized curb when the bolts broke and I went over backwards and just missed cracking my head open on a curb.

I would love to hear how others feel.

Thanks,

Bill

I know perfectly my specs and my preferences, so i don`t need any adjustaments of backrest angles, COG, frame height, etc. that`s why a perfect chair for me is a full welded.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I know perfectly my specs and my preferences, so i don`t need any adjustaments of backrest angles, COG, frame height, etc. that`s why a perfect chair for me is a full welded.
    Good call on the fully welded frame. That will tighten everything up. What chair are you currently using?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill'sws6 View Post
    What chair are you currently using?
    There's a loaded question for totoL1!
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

My perfect chair would be a combination of my Marvel M1 and my Lasher BT-Mg. Take the weight and solid build of the Lasher with the monoshock from the M1. No adjustability, though.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill'sws6 View Post
    . What chair are you currently using?
    I was using this, is an Oracing F2 in V.

I use a TiLite 2GX. The best thing is that it's lighter and more rigid than my old Quickie 2. The worst thing is that it's still fairly heavy and bulky. I think my next chair is going to be a Z-shaped rigid frame, like the TiLite ZRA. I love the Marvel design, though, and am interested to see what Icon does.

okay, perfect! an attractive proposition... i want a manual chair that both elevates and lowers down as close to the ground as possible. something built along the lines of the icon, i mean that kind of lower frame/caster wing arrangement. fixed poles in the position of backrest canes, approx 18" long and originating at the back of the lower frame, 12" from ground. camber bar is on lower frame. seat cantilevers off the long poles and is attached to backrest frame from normal rigid chair where diameter of tubes is slightly larger than diameter of long tubes, so it (and seat) raise and lower via motor or hydralic. there is a solid back attached. the footrest is a central post style thats attached to seat that does not fold more than 85 degrees (ie. when youre elevated) and stretches out in front via 2 little wheels on the base (when you lower).

that would make it drop to a seat height of about 12", and elevate to about 28".