Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: My special trick for using enemeez

Furthur reading Enemeez is Ducosate & Magic Bullet is Bisacodyl.

Which is better & why?

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    That makes sense Miss Mona, try it and come back and tell us how it worked for ya.

Okay I will. I just ordered some. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    SCI Nurse so the ingrediantes is the exact same thing. But you don't have to wait for the enemeez to melt. Is that why it goes faster?N

No, Magic Bullet Suppositories and Enemeez do not have the same ingredients.

Magic Bullet Suppositories
    Active Ingredient: 10 mg Bisacodyl
    Inactive Ingredient: Polyethylene Glycol base

Enemeez Mini Enemas
    EnemeezĀ®
    Active Ingredient:
    Docusate Sodium 283mg...............................Stool Softener

EnemeezĀ®Plus
    Active Ingredients:
    Docusate Sodium 283mg...............................Stool Softener
    Benzocaine 20mg...................................Topical Anesthetic

Inactive ingredients in both: Enemeez and Enemeez Plus:
    Medicinal soft soap, Polyethylene Glycol, and Glycerin

Also do you use the whole tube? Yes, you use the entire ampule (tube) of Enemeez or Enemeez plus.
    All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    All the best,
    GJ

Thank you so much! I hope it works!

Danger=never use mineral oil and DSS /Docusate Sodium /colace /stool softener

i noticed this posting and a couple of us have used the catherer tube with enemeez chase by water to push the enemeez up into the vault.
    I have used enemeez for years and i couple things i have noticed , if you move a lot afterwards and there is left over active enemeez, there will be a second movement, same as when a magic bulet work again 2 hours after the first movement, this is usually a big problem if you have left your home and acessable or in my casem any bathrooms that are clean enough to take a seat or even have a seat .

i use a full lenth catheter and i find the outlet cone fits perfect onthe irrigation syringe, i use a30cc or 500 cc usally, i test the amount of water in takes to push the enemeez solution totally out of the tube. It may take 20cc depending on lenthth of cath tube. The trick, is to try and get thesolution next to thelining of the rectum vault above the mass if possible ,sonetimes it is so full you cant get above it and you may need 3 or more applications. I have at least, especially if the matter is dried out. Also there will be full colon behind the rectal vault, so no mater what you do, more will come out.
    Once you get it out , you need maintenance, like mirlax cap once a day or more , or 1/2 cap miralax if a full cap is too much.
    If the stoll os too dry, even the enemeez will not work well, that is when 3 or more implants is unnecessary. if you get it high enough it will atleast do something to loosen it up, but too often you only get the enemeez fluid out, it is so dry it wont absord the enemeez.
    It takes a while, and usually better iy you get off the toilet and on your left side and lay there until it works, it is much more comfortable,or on a longer shower chair in bathtub so no worry if leakage.
    I've been in this position a lot of time s and it may take a week to clear enough of an tunnel to get my bladder back again too.
    DSS= Docusate Sodium also known as colace or OTC stool softener that is taken orally. The DSS cuses the mineral oil to be absorbed through the lining of the colon, and is dangerous, this warning is on many mineral oil fleet enemas.
    I stopped taking any mineral oil once i realized it is petrol, a by product of the making of gasoline. It is expensive to dispose of ,but they can sell it and make a profir rather than pay for hazordos material disposal. Baby oil is alsi mineral oil with a perfume, i wouldnever use it on a human, especially a baby.
    Peanut oil enemas are hard to find in the USA, but overseas are used rather then mineral oil. You can make your own very cheaply, Costco has 5 gallons of boxes of peanut oil for cheap compared to the fleet enemaa. It is easy to make your own, with a 60 cc irrigation cyring with a luer lock connector and most iportanty a one way valve, as i found out the hard way. Also a shut off valve is good for filling the syringe aand keeping it filled without leakage.
    Amazon has the aprts n the industrial and scientific section.

Best solution is to find the plans on carecure for a homemade pie system that is made with outboard gasoline type pumps and plastic tubing clamps clamps on the vinyl tubing to make it, height of the solution is important, as too high will cause too high a pressure, also adding salt to the water to keep the solution at the bodys sale composition will reduces osmosis through the colon, which can cause medical conditions. i also make a homemade electrolyte or use pedialite to ensure a good balance.
    Still thinking about the Mace since my bathroom is too small, tomorrow i may try another way of a laying down for the PIE.

I found this new stuff in costco that i think is fabulous and much better than ground flax seeds, it is called Chia or close, blackish granules that can be mixed with yogurt smoothies, pudding etc, in my opinion works great, and doesn't have that flax-seed constantly having to empty. worth a try, i need to get more next week so will find the real name if no one else has it.
    I have dealt with this way too many times , and even this weekend i have to take action, if you have help the home made PIE is the best , one of the guys here is a mechanical engineer and designed it, and tested the pressures to insure the safety. The height of the water supply bag is the critical part. a shower bad that can be bought for under 20 bucks and holds over 5 gallons with a temperature device visible on the outside is part of the solutions.
    Last edited by metronycguy; 05-13-2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: title missing
    cauda equina

Mike some of what you say is hard for me to grasp! So what do you use now? Which is best for BM to you MB or Enemeez? Safer?

I eat Chia Seeds. But how are they better than Flax? Help your BM?

Mona, I'm guessing that would work. The Enemeez container is designed to only go up the rectum so far. That is why I cut the bottom of the Enemeez tube off and slip it over the syringe. This way there is no second guessing as to the correct length. The syringe does all the work - it shoots the liquid up there as far as you need it to go! I demonstrated my technique with some girlfriends (sci moms) and it shot over my back fence!!! Hahaha! We had a good laugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    Mona, I'm guessing that would work. The Enemeez container is designed to only go up the rectum so far. That is why I cut the bottom of the Enemeez tube off and slip it over the syringe. This way there is no second guessing as to the correct length. The syringe does all the work - it shoots the liquid up there as far as you need it to go! I demonstrated my technique with some girlfriends (sci moms) and it shot over my back fence!!! Hahaha! We had a good laugh!!

I bet that was funny! Is a 10 cc syringe too big? I already have that.

Mona, the one that works really well is the 10 ml. "hand feeding syringe for puppies" from Petco. The Enemeez container fits perfect over this for a really snug fit. I'm not sure about the one you have. You can order mine on Petco.com and it's super cheap. It's all about the circumference of the syringe so that the Enemeez container fits nice and tight so there isn't any slipping and all of the liquid gets shot up there where you need it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    Mona, the one that works really well is the 10 ml. "hand feeding syringe for puppies" from Petco. The Enemeez container fits perfect over this for a really snug fit. I'm not sure about the one you have. You can order mine on Petco.com and it's super cheap. It's all about the circumference of the syringe so that the Enemeez container fits nice and tight so there isn't any slipping and all of the liquid gets shot up there where you need it!
    Thanks, I found it there $2 something.

So you really like the Enemeez better? Faster? How about does it continue to come out later in day like the MB? How long did it take to get regulated to it when you started using it?

Thanks in advance.