Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: My special trick for using enemeez

About 5cc.

You also don't get the mucous with the Enemeez like you do with the Bisacodyl suppository- because enemeez is not a chemical irritant.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

So far, I'm not having any luck with the Enemeez (used 3). Aside from mucous, do regular suppositories cause any problems?

I haven't needed to do much more than a manual extraction of stool for 27 years, but 3 months ago my bowels just quit behaving "normally" and I've required something to get it to move down all the way.

What is the consistency of your stool? It should be firm but no lumps or hardness.
    Bisacodyl suppositories is what you need. Is your abdomen distended? How many days since last good BM?
    You may have to give yourself a Fleets or tap water enema to get cleaned out then start the Bisacodyl or Enemeez on a daily or every other day basis and you might need a mild laxative.

CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Last BM was Friday morning. It wasn't real firm... not mushy but not fully formed. I know it shouldn't be related, but ever since I completely weaned off of Valium, I haven't had a fully formed BM. Also, when I was taking Valium, my stool would move all the way to the vault and simply need extracted. Now it has to be moved down using suppositories. It is as though the last few feet of the colon isn't performing peristalsis on its own.

I'm trying another Enemeez now... hopefully it'll work. If not, perhaps a fleet enema this evening.

My abdomen is a little bloated but not overly and not much pain.